Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone listening to today? (Part deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, George Harrison, Roy Orbison, Jeff Lynne; superbands don't any better than this:

What a tune.

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
    new London Grammar album
    Any good? I really dig Hannah Reid's voice.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post

Any good? I really dig Hannah Reid's voice.
      I quite like it, not as much as their debut but it's growing on me with repeated listens. I love her voice as well so that certainly helps!

I also listened to Helmet's masterpiece Meantime after it popped up on my playlist, I don't think I've listened to it since the early 90's. Damn it is epic.

Comment

After so much hype surrounding the first Black Midi album I bounced off it a bit - still liked it, mind, just not as bought in as some folks were. But the material coming out in advance of the second one is reeeaaally doing it for me.

Comment

Collab track between HEALTH and Nine Inch Nails. It's good, folks.

Comment

New King Woman album's out today, very into it on the first listen. Here's the lead single, which is excellent.

Comment

40 seconds in and it’s added to my Apple Music library. Cheers [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION].

Comment

Doja Cat - Planet Her.

Too many good tracks but:-

featuring The Weeknd is a standout.

Comment

New Drinking Boys and Girls Choir album is out. Seems a lot more focused and mature this time around.

Comment

I had to yield and fork out for this. Such a great soundtrack for a great series.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                      I had to yield and fork out for this. Such a great soundtrack for a great series.
                      WHAT PLANET.
                      IS THIS.

Thought I'd posted this before, but clearly didn't. Album's good too, but this cut stands particularly tall.

Comment

Still listening to Doja Cat's Planet Her and another track and its hook has managed to get into my head: "I Don't Do Drugs" featuring Ariana Grande.

I was repairing an original Xbox today and I suddenly found myself singing the lyrics, internally, not out loud, that would have been bad.

Also as a result of being made aware of SZA as a result of her featuring on "Kiss Me More" I went looking for more of her stuff on YT and found something I really liked too: "Good Days" :-

On the strength of that I decided to try SZA's first album: Ctrl - got it today and not disappointed.

All worth listening to and at least half a dozen immediately strong tracks: Love Galore, Drew Barrymore, Prom, Go Gina, Garden and Normal Girl. I suspect on further listening others will grow on me; the sign of a genuinely good album when some tracks don't immediately grab you but you still want to go back to them.
                        Last edited by fallenangle; 21-08-2021, 15:21.

Comment

Second preview track from the Converge collab album w/ Chelsea Wolfe, Ben Chisolm and Steven Brodsky. Doesn't really sound exclusively like any one of its individual parts, at least not in the built-up, but does sound REALLY GOOD.

This week there's new Møl and Emma Ruth Rundle records, and then a fortnight later the above's out. Good last minute scramble for AOTY honours.

Comment

While getting over the bug been listening to

Most australian video ever

And something....not australian

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                              While getting over the bug been listening to

Most australian video ever
                              Pretty sure this is the most Australian video ever:

Been listening to a load of Orange Goblin and the new album by The Darkness, Motorheart.

"Welcome Tae Glasgae"

I hit that M74
                              I'm heading for
                              The city that I truly adore
                              The women are gorgeous and the food is ok
                              I cannae wait tae be in ye Glasgae

Comment

Yearly posting of my fav xmas song

Comment

Working...
                                X