Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long as the TV has a 1080p display it should work alright for PC usage.

Comment

quick question. my youngest (10months) climbed and was found standing on the tv unit, bashing the tv (with a small wooden hammer) and since then i have noticed a large white cloud in the location of said bashing. its in the upper left hand side and its visible on all colours as a slight bleaching but as the image grows darker it becomes more and more visible. is there anything i can do to improve it while i build a fence to to keep the tiny climber on the ground, or am I going to have to look at a new set?
      Last edited by concretesnail; 26-08-2014, 08:53.

Comment

If Sony can match or better the 2014 KDL42W705 display with the 2015 range in the link I will finally replace my aged Plasma:-

The first Sony Android TVs will launch in February 2015 with PlayStation Now and Remote Play. Prices will start at about $700. More details inside

Could be an amazing gaming TV.

Comment

Hmmmm

Are posts being deleted? I know i posted after concretesnail back in august.....

As a paying subscriber this is not good......

Comment

Hi folks I'm due to upgrade to a UHD tv very soon and was wondering how much my current tv would be worth to sell.
            It's a Panasonic 3D plasma TX-P42ST30B with two pairs of Active 3d glasses,all in excellent condition?
            Any advice would be gratefully recieved

Comment

A friend of mine is looking to buy a TV and she can get a good deal (about €500) on a Samsung UE40HU6900. It's a 40'' 4K LED TV, the size of which probably defeats the whole 4K purpose, but is it any good otherwise? I can't seem to find any reviews on it (they're mostly about its 55'' counterpart) and seeing such a recent model so heavily discounted this soon doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                A friend of mine is looking to buy a TV and she can get a good deal (about €500) on a Samsung UE40HU6900. It's a 40'' 4K LED TV, the size of which probably defeats the whole 4K purpose, but is it any good otherwise? I can't seem to find any reviews on it (they're mostly about its 55'' counterpart) and seeing such a recent model so heavily discounted this soon doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.
                There is no 4k content out yet (or very little) and in the UK the highest broadcast is 1080i (as far as i know). Everything needs to be upscaled to fit the massive amount of pixels on a 4k screen. I dread to imagine what a 480/576i signal would look like, which is probably what joe public is feeding it....

Comment

There's even less available 4K content here in Portugal so yes, 4K isn't really a selling point. Does the upscaling and processing inherent with feeding a 4K TV a sub-4K signal add much in the way of input lag and motion blur?

Comment

The processing will probably add some lag. Have a look at the reviews on HDTVTest they tend to test input lag. I was contemplating a UHD TV next year knowing suitable Blu-rays are on the way. But the lag is putting me off.

Comment

I looked at the SAMSUNG UE48HU7500 but the response time was awful.
                      Went with a
                      PANASONIC VIERA TX50AX802B after,response time was a lot better

Comment

Played with a Samsung UHD 55" curved TV for a few days. Xbox looked really weird in the menus. Like it wasn't scaling well. Really not good. In-game it looked loads better but still a bit crazy. The built in freeviewHD looked fantastic. I wasn't allowed to muck about with the settings though because the owner (my father in law) said he was happy with the factory defaults (even though everyone's skin was far too saturated). And the netflix app didn't work at all, even after downloading a more up to date firmware off the samsung website than the one that was available OTA. And ...... 1GB!!!!! for a TV firmware. wtf...

I'm having his old TX-P42V10B 1080p plasma to replace my ageing 720p business monitor but I'm dreading the setup. But the massive decrease in input lag will mean I can no longer blame my ineptness at BF4 on the TV
                        Last edited by charlesr; 29-12-2014, 14:35.

Comment

I'd say to anyone forget 4k at the minute and grab an old stock 2k12 or 13 panasonic plasma or a 1080p OLED.

Comment

Guys probably a stupid question here but should I really be paying much attention to the refresh rates when looking at a new telly?

I'm hopefully going to grab either one of these in the next few weeks to replace my G20 but the Refresh rates are hugely different so wondering if I should be worried about it??

Refresh @ 400Hz

Refresh @ 1200Hz

I'm pretty much set on the Panny if I'm honest as I've loved my G20 but wondered if the 800Hz difference is just marketing crap or if it really does make a difference

Neil

Comment

The Samsung has a lower input lag (43ms vs 59ms on Leo Bodnar test). I would have thought that was more relevant to you as a gamer.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                The Samsung has a lower input lag (43ms vs 59ms on Leo Bodnar test). I would have thought that was more relevant to you as a gamer.
                                To be honest Charles I hardly game these days so input lag was the last thing I even considered.
                                Not sure how much impact it would have on Fifa which is more or less all I play these days.

I do think both are significantly higher than my current set so I may notice something but these will be primarily TV & movie sets.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X