Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you got a sound system to go with? This is a good deal with John Lewis (5 yr guarantee) where you effectively get a £300 soundbar for an extra 70 quid. I got rid of my separates and went with the LG SK9Y soundbar and rear wireless set and quite happy with the compromise.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Probably just the Xbox One, TiVo, network and power. Hope the arm doesn't get too messy.

Realistically, I'm being a Greedy Gus trying to have the biggest screen I can get, when I really should be getting the 48" and putting it on an arm in the alcove at a neck-friendly height.

I'll be going from a 37" to a 48", but I want MOOAARR!

I think I'm going to get the LG OLED48CX5LC, based on everyone's suggestions.

Comment

John Lewis have the 55” BX at £999 just now. That’s a lot of TV for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        John Lewis have the 55” BX at £999 just now. That’s a lot of TV for the money.
        5 year warranty at JL also.

Free wireless earphones too at the moment.

Comment

Ive got the Samsung Q80T 55” and its fantastic. Every spec you could want or need in the future and the picture is pretty dam amazing. App wise i never use the built in, i just use whatever console i have plugged in so can’t help on that front.

As a gaming tv however its everything i could ask for.

Comment

So, I upgraded to a Samsung QE55Q7CAM in November 2017 and I'll be honest, I love it, but I'll be moving soon and was wondering if it's worth upgrading yet? I'm not really in the loop regarding TV's and such, so have there been any significant advances in that time frame that would justify me getting a new screen?

Comment

If you have any hardware that can take advantage of HDR and high frame rates a modern OLED TV would be a worthwhile upgrade.

Comment

Newest hardware I have is a PS4 slim & an XB1 that only really gets used for 4K Blu rays. Hopefully going to pick up a PS5 once I've found a new house, but finding a nice one that's not overpriced in the area is proving quite a struggle!

Comment

My LG B7V had a firmware update this morning 06.00.05. Can't find any info on the LG website?

Update: Just checked LG’s website and the LG Channel has been upgraded and software bug fixes.Nothing special like fixing their Dark display in Game mode.
                  Last edited by BIG EDD; 02-03-2021, 12:04.

Comment

Dunno if this would be to the right place to post, but looking to get a LG 55GX and since it only has HDMI, what are people using for devices with older connections - i'm talking VGA and component

Comment

[MENTION=6024]KIT786[/MENTION] The OSSC is what you need

RGB SCART and VGA go in, HDMI comes out. Lots of options and customisability, too.

Comment

If you can wait a while, I believe June and November (Black Friday) are the best time to buy a TV as apparently that's when they are most discounted. That's what HDTV advise anyway. I'm quite tempted to get a 48" LG OLED this year but will probably sit it out and wait for the newly announced 42" model as my sitting room is quite small and I find big screens in small rooms vulgar and aesthetically displeasing.

Comment

A lot of the 2020 models are on sale, with the 2021 models coming out soon.

Was able to get the 55GX with the GX soundbar for £1400 (after cashback), which I'm pretty happy with.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          @KIT786 The OSSC is what you need

RGB SCART and VGA go in, HDMI comes out. Lots of options and customisability, too.
                          Cheers Wakka! (sorry I thought I said thanks when you posted) Just a matter of waiting for them to start shipping to the uk again

Comment

Yeah, if you buy now, you’ll get a great deal on a 2020 set. If you want a 2021 set, Black Friday will be the soonest that big discounts appear.

Comment

Question for OLED users here, how big an issue is screen burn with regards to video games?

I don't play many games but rinse those I do, consequently I can spend hundreds of hours playing some games (thousands playing chess). I don't want to spend £1000+ on a TV only to have a chess board or health bar burned into the screen in a few years time.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                                Question for OLED users here, how big an issue is screen burn with regards to video games?

I don't play many games but rinse those I do, consequently I can spend hundreds of hours playing some games (thousands playing chess). I don't want to spend £1000+ on a TV only to have a chess board or health bar burned into the screen in a few years time.
                                I don’t think its REALLY an issue like the net tries to make out, unless your going to be on the pause screen of 1 game for 1000 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X