Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, of those, LG Gallery by a country mile. You’re not compromising at all, that will be a great OLED TV.

Comment

Thanks chaps.
      I'll investigate!

Comment

So, the new roof on my lounge is finished! Brought out the telly from storage, a six-year old 49-inch 1080p LG LCD (branded by John Lewis), I set it up and... vertical line from top to bottom in an eye-catching purple.
        Lived with it for a few days whilst checking new TV prices, decided on an "as new in box" LG OLED65CX (last years model) because reviews said it was almost identical to this year's C1 and was about 500 quid less.
        This being Denmark, I could get a box trailer to bring it home in (never towed anything before!) and we set off on a 20km trip to pick it up.
        When they bring the thing out, the box looks like an angry gorilla had try to fook it! There was a sticker on top that said "missing remote and screws". So much for "as new"!!
        Anyway, after remonstrating with the store manager, me with almost no Danish, him with almost no English , I got him to knock off 250 quid of the price of the C1.
        After a nervous drive home, hoping that my knots strapping the screen upright in the trailer would hold... we got home safely.
        Yesterday I turned the old TV on and guess what, the vertical line was gone!!!!

Comment

How annoying. However this new set will at least be considerably better than your old one

Comment

Yeah, the only thing is, now I need a OSSC for the kids Wii.

And to be honest, after spending 50k on a new roof, I could have done without the extra expense, but it's not going back (my wife suggested it )
            Last edited by gunrock; 02-11-2021, 09:35.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
              When they bring the thing out, the box looks like an angry gorilla had try to fook it!
              Anyway, after remonstrating with the store manager, me with almost no Danish, him with almost no English
              Det ser ud som om en gorilla prøvede at have sex med dette fjernsyn.

Comment

Google translate or har du en danskere kæreste?

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                  Yeah, the only thing is, now I need a OSSC for the kids Wii.

And to be honest, after spending 50k on a new roof, I could have done without the extra expense, but it's not going back (my wife suggested it )
                  Is a RetroTINK 5X not cheaper/better?

Edit: $300. So no.

Comment

I've got 30mins to buy a new TV. Before my wife changes her mind.

The LG OLED65C16LA is the one to go for, right?

EDIT: No, LG OLED65G1RLA, amirite?
                    Last edited by dataDave; 09-11-2021, 10:15.

Comment

G1 has higher peak brightness for HDR so yeah that model is superior.

Comment

Is it possible to buy an oled panel that just has an hdmi socket and nothing else? No speakers or tuner. Like my Panasonic plasma business panel

Comment

There are a few OLED PC monitors. Generally it’s substantially cheaper to simply buy an OLED TV though, since the price competition on them is much fiercer. Can I ask why you want this rather than an OLED TV?

Comment

So it can be flush on the wall. Like a poster almost

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              So it can be flush on the wall. Like a poster almost
                              You could just buy a OLED TV and take out the panel from the frame. It's doable for sure.

Comment

Maybe I'm being dumb but if you just have an OLED panel on its own that's not going to do much of anything?

You will still need all the picture processing hardware, not to mention the PSU.

I would look at the LG G series Charles. It's designed to have a uniform thickness for wall mounting.

Comment

Working...
                                X