User Tag List

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
    Anyone have the LG OLED C9? Is it good for 720p 1080p retro content?
    Last edited by Jaz; 25-06-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Grover View Post
    Godzilla KotM
    Sicario
    Annihilation

Love all 3, but which film will give my equipment a good workout?
    I'm probably too late, but although I haven't seen the other two on UHD, I'd definitely say Sicario. I've only had my 4K setup a couple of months, but I've watched a fair few discs now and it remains the standout from a technical perspective. Insanely sharp and great use of HDR.

And watup my AmazonBasics HDMI cable brethren. Deffo the ones to go for, I got 3 for a tenner when I was doing my setup and they work great

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
    Anyone have the LG OLED C9? Is it good for 720p 1080p retro content?
    I have the older E6 LG OLED and find it very good with the 720p from my 360s and Mega SG. I do need to experiment with the resolution settings on my RetroPie setup to see if going to 480p output would look any better. I doubt it though.

I've been working on the continued assumption that the C9 is the daddy of gaming TVs right now, so if it's not the case I probably need some steering in a different direction too. As we move flats I'll likely keep my cheap 720p TV for now, but as we plan out the spare room I'm definitely going to want to upgrade.

The C9 is the King, the Boss, da man.

You need no other television @fuse

Quote Originally Posted by wakka View Post
    I'm probably too late, but although I haven't seen the other two on UHD, I'd definitely say Sicario. I've only had my 4K setup a couple of months, but I've watched a fair few discs now and it remains the standout from a technical perspective. Insanely sharp and great use of HDR.

And watup my AmazonBasics HDMI cable brethren. Deffo the ones to go for, I got 3 for a tenner when I was doing my setup and they work great
    Well tonight’s the night, so your recommendation is just in time. Cheers dude.

@fuse The CX, the new version is out now, so thatís now the top TV for gaming. The differences are pretty minor though so worth weighing up whether the extra cash is worth it to you.
    @Super Grover Nice, enjoy. Itís a great disc to showcase your new gear