User Tag List

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    That’s unfortunate Brad what model do you have?

EDIT: Just a thought @Super Grover - but if I was you I would get the DP-UB450 rather than the UB150. It supports Dolby Vision which is definitely worth having for discs which support it.

It's 165 here:

https://www.zavvi.com/electronics/dv.../12338125.html

Use code ACFREE for free delivery (I don't get a referral kickback off this one, just trying to be helpful ).

If you'd really rather purchase from Richer Sounds though, get them to price match this over the phone. They will do this up to a week after you've already bought something from them.
    Last edited by wakka; 19-05-2020 at 06:47 PM.

And now @wakka throws a spanner in the works with a new recommendation, lol.

I guess I’ll research it tomorrow then! I took a cursory glance at it, and saw the award winning Sony UBP X700 which costs slightly less (before price match) https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home...y-ubpx700.html

My budget is going to explode, lol!

Hehe, sorry, I’ll shut up now

I’d deffo get the Panasonic UB450 over the Sony X700 though. The Panasonic has HDR10+, which the X700 doesn’t, plus the Sony’s Dolby Vision function is kinda funky.

And that’s the last I’ll have to say, promise!

Latest update: Panasonic UB450 purchased!

Phoned RS, spoke to the advisor about the Zavvi offer (cheers @wakka), and after he checked it, matched their price then beat it by 10! So that came to 154.99, and I also purchased the refundable 15 6 year warranty. The only thing I overlooked was purchasing a decent HDMI cable, so I went for the Audioquest Pearl 1m.

The tv is due in in stock a week today, and the guy took my number to call me when they arrive. I’m now twiddling my thumbs waiting for a phone call, lol.

Off the back of my recommendation for Zoom: my 4K copy of 1917 arrived today (was released Monday, they posted last Thursday).

It arrived in what I can only describe as a sandwich bag! Cardboard sleeve crushed to hell in all corners and dented on the front.

Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by teddymeow View Post
    Off the back of my recommendation for Zoom: my 4K copy of 1917 arrived today (was released Monday, they posted last Thursday).

It arrived in what I can only describe as a sandwich bag! Cardboard sleeve crushed to hell in all corners and dented on the front.

Hmm...
    Thats ****e I've had a few 4k blurays off them and always fine. Probably jinxed myself now for the arrival of Jaws 4k from them

Quote Originally Posted by teddymeow View Post

Hmm...
    I only ever used them once & that was for my Turtles: Out of the Shadows Steelbook.
    Keep looking but never buy anything from them

All this talk of 4K made me think about what I have actually got on 4K disc & I didn't think I had much but turns out I have a little collection -

Still not really that worried in getting 4K over a standard Blu-Ray if I'm honest

Neil

Had an email today as I thought I had pre ordered Jaws off Zoom but it was from Amazon. Their shipment has been delayed due to Covid 19.
    The state of the world today and the loss of life its understandable.
    Did have my screen replaced on my LG B7V due to a massive green blob central of the screen. Lucky I had a 6 year warranty with Richer Sounds.
    LG repaired the screen but seemed to have turned down the Oled lighting. Nowhere near as bright as it could go to not that I’d run the tv on that setting.
    Was impressed by Disney+ app and the 4K streaming. The original Toy Story looked impressive
    Last edited by BIG EDD; 23-05-2020 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoris View Post
    Personally, if you are planning on watching movies and netflix and whatnot, then a set with Dolby Vision is going to be worthwhile, especially in the budget tier, which is where it really comes into it's own.

The Panasonic GX800 has really good format support , as well as a mode that will be super beneficial for 4K HDR discs on these sets which are a long way from being "HDR)

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-proj...ze_breaks=1365
    Wait I think my worlds have just collided, I was watching Vincent Teoh's HDTV Test youtube videos again recently and he mentioned you! It took me a while to realise where I had heard that username before!

EDIT: crikey I see you also do content for the channel too! Super odd as I used that site years ago to buy my current TV stalwart!
    Last edited by Briareos; 30-05-2020 at 05:32 PM.