Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t go wrong with a LG OLED TV. Great picture and easy to use UI. Accurate colour out of the box. Very strong gaming support with VRR, 120Hz, Dolby Vision, auto low latency mode and a bunch of other options.
    Good prices on last years models at this time of year too. The 42” models are very popular for gaming.

Comment

I bought a TCL 55C735K after reading a positive review of it on AVForums. It has some of the top notch features like HDR, VRR and all at about half the price of the next nearest product. I’m not super nerdy about the technical side, but it was a huge upgrade from my last Panasonic TV 1080p (about 10 years).

Comment

We’re visiting Kuala Lumpur for Chinese New Year. As soon as we got back we hooked up the Switch to our old 48” Toshiba we had back in Singapore and it absolutely stomps all over the LG G1 for 1080p/FHD. Not just in terms of sharpness but also contrast and colour. There’s a lot to be said about running a device on the screen resolution it was intended for.

If not for the rest of the home cinema setup back home I don’t think I’d ever connect the Switch back up downstairs. In fact, I’m now looking for a 1080p/FHD screen for my office upstairs. I’ve got a TV and a gaming monitor already on my shortlist, although I’m wondering if anyone else has any recommendations and if those align with what I’ve found. Cheers!

Edit: Also contemplating the Tink4K as I’ll need one eventually anyway. I could use that for the MiSTer, Wii, and Switch.

Comment

Working...
        X