This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo Wii U (Thread 2!)

As predicted elsewhere, you've burst the 200 page bubble before it's even out! Please continue to discuss in this thread to avoid busting the forum!

Thread one here: http://www.bordersdown.net/threads/1...Nintendo-Wii-U

Regarding the EG digital foundry for Black Ops, it doesn't read that bleakly. Some framerate hiccups in sp likely due to rushing the port and better visuals than PS3 but with remote play and no issues with multiplayer. All in all, for me the pluses of remote and the visuals (plus no need for a Gold sub) outweigh a few framerate hiccups in a seldom used mode

Comment

To be honest nothing in that EG article has put me off getting Black Ops for Wii U, im still getting it and looking forward to it too. At the end of the day when this was announced as a launch title i was very much expecting the Wii U version to be a rushed and really poorly put together version but this is much better than i thought it would be. For a first effort on a new console its a very good one for me.

Comment

Jeez the eg article didn't slate it. It said its better than ps3 in some aspects and the multiplayer frame rate is solid. Someone else pointed out to me that this is a launch title for Wii u but the seventh call of duty game on 360. The teams have lots of experience with 360 and ps3. Try looking at call of duty 2 launch title for 360 for a better comparison.

All the neg for Wii u is getting a bit much on here. Between this and the Sony Junk thread I wonder where this forum is going

Comment

Its forums - the internet - in general, to be fair.

The internet is quite a depressing place when it comes to the videogame community - esp if you are a developer. You pour your heart and soul into something you are incredibly passionate about - for faceless 'experts' to proclaim their supremacy safely nestled in their cushion of anonomity. Freedom of speech is a scary thing when the majority of people who feel they need to speak don't actually know what the f*ck they are talking about :-)

Thankfully Ntsc-uk has remained reasonably sheltered from such mindless idiocy... but cracks are certainly starting to show.
          Last edited by Adam Stone; 24-11-2012, 19:28.
          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

I don't see why the quality of the black ops 2 port is a big deal. Surely fans of the series have another console to play it on while people actually buying a wii u will not be buying it for black ops anyway. So there's actually no problem.

Im just glad Nintendo have made a console that can deliver games that look like they are from this decade to be honest.
            Last edited by rmoxon; 24-11-2012, 19:30.

Comment

Its a shame the EG article sub-heading states that BlOps2 fails to impress.

Still, IGN were very positive.

Comment

That's life!

Comment

This might have been asked already but too many pages to search through.

It appears that the premium pack comes with nintendo land but looking on the Game site for the zombi u premium pack it doesn't mention that nintendo land is included.

anyone know if its excluded from the zombi pack.

Comment

Yes it is mate, it's either ZombiU or Nintendoland unfortunately.

Comment

Ive got a huge 50 inch plasma WhyTF would i want to play anything on the gamepad, if i want portable ive every system under the sun, just makes no sense to me why you think i'd want to play 854 x 480 against 1080p, beats me.

Comment

For many it will be because they can't afford multiple TV's so the Gamepad becomes a useful backup alternative. For me it'll be useful at bedtime when the missus is telling me to hurry up and I can sneak it to the loo to finish that last little bit of level

Or in the summer, online gaming on the balcony. Brill stuff

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                          For many it will be because they can't afford multiple TV's so the Gamepad becomes a useful backup alternative. For me it'll be useful at bedtime when the missus is telling me to hurry up and I can sneak it to the loo to finish that last little bit of level

Not gonna happen. The WiiU controller is not portable in the same way Vita cross play is. Most people will be lucky if the pad still works outside the room the console is placed in.

Comment

So you cant afford a 2nd TV, but can afford 300 quid for the WiiU?

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post

Yep exactly this, whilst i will be mainly playing the Wii U on the big screen like most people, the fact that i can either carry on playing when the Mrs wants the TV or when i go to bed i can again carry on playing. I think alot of people are completely missing the point with playing on the Gamepad, its not meant for full time use and does not in any way replace the TV experience.

And as for comparing it to handhelds not being funny but i would much rather carry on playing full console games like Blops2 and AC3 etc on the Gamepad than play the ****ty cutdown versions of games on the Vita

That is as long as my walls are thin enough lol otherwise i will find a way around it

Comment

Working...
                              X