• Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOTY (retail):

1. Halo 4
    2. Max Payne 3
    3. Sleeping Dogs

Honourable mention: Yakuza: Dead Souls

There's a few I still need to play, like Journey, XCOM, Paper Mario and Walking Dead but these are the ones I've enjoyed the most.

GOTY (digital):

1. Jak & Daxter trilogy HD
    2. Jet Set Radio HD

Disappointments:

1. Assassin's Creed 3 (previous games like AC2 and Brotherhood were better)
    2. Mass Effect 3 (again, ME2 was better)

Most looking forward to in 2013:

Tons of games:

1. GTA V
    2. Yakuza 5
    3. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
    4. Last of Us
    5. Beyond: Two Souls
    6. Dragon Age 3
    7. BioShock: Infinite
    8. First Kickstarter titles: Shadowrun Returns, Wasteland 2, Broken Sword 5, Double Fine Adventure
    Last edited by Guts; 01-12-2012, 15:43.

Comment

Journey and The Walking Dead are the two stand-out games for me this year, head and shoulders above the rest in terms of my enjoyment and the feelings they elicited in me during and after playing.

I'm currently torn between Forza Horizon and Spelunky HD for my third choice, although I feel Spelunky might just have the edge. Having said that, I'm enjoying Far Cry 3 immensely at the moment, so who knows; if it stays consistently good and doesn't outstay its welcome it may well have a late surge into the top 3.

Biggest disappointments? NFS: Most Wanted and ACIII - I expected big things for both, not games that were considerably worse experiences than the previous games the respective teams had made.

Most looking forward to BioShock Infinite, GTA V, Last of Us and the announcements of some powerful new consoles, especially seeing how the current consoles look about ready to burst at the seams running games like ACIII and Far Cry 3.

Comment

Most disappointing game of the year = Skyward Sword. Yes, I know it came out last year, but its awfulness is so powerful that it rips a hole in the fabric of time and manages to be the worst game this year too.

Comment

No votes for NSMB WiiU?

If its worth shelling out ?300 for, then it needs to go on some lists!

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
          Most disappointing game of the year = Skyward Sword. Yes, I know it came out last year, but its awfulness is so powerful that it rips a hole in the fabric of time and manages to be the worst game this year too.
          lol noobish, let it go.....just let it go.

At least they released an amazing conversion of ocarina for the 3DS the same year.
          Last edited by PaTaito; 01-12-2012, 14:01.

Comment

When's Majora 3D coming out, that's what I want to know. That's the only thing that can redeem them now.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
              When's Majora 3D coming out, that's what I want to know. That's the only thing that can redeem them now.
              I know right, they should have been released like 6-12 months apart.

Something as visually arresting as majora would seriously benefit from the remake treatment ocarina had, i'm holding off buying an XL until ninty inevitably announce it at some point.

Still surprises me they didnt choose majora for the initial remake treatment in place of ocarina.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                No votes for NSMB WiiU?

NSMBU is ok but it's not why people have bought the console. It is ZombiU and Nintendo Land that make the WiiU worth playing right now.

Comment

I know right, they should have been released like 6-12 months apart.

Something as visually arresting as majora would seriously benefit from the remake treatment ocarina had, i'm holding off buying an XL until ninty inevitably announce it at some point.

Still surprises me they didnt choose majora for the initial remake treatment in place of ocarina.
                  I wasn't surprised at all. Majora is the black sheep that Nintendo likes to pretend never existed, for some reason.

Next original handheld Zelda to be made with the Ocarina/Majora engine/graphics please. No more Wind Waker, it's getting old already.

Comment

XCOM or The Testament of Sherlock Holmes.

Comment

No Minecraft 360, Pebbles?

Comment

2012 GOTY:

I'd say the Artorias DLC for Dark Souls, but it's not a full game. Right now I can't remember any game that left a lasting impression this year; good games yes, memorable games no (I also omitted Under Defeat HD and BB Continuum Shift Extend).

Pleasently surprised (games I though I wouldn't like):

1. GunLord
                        2. Gundam Unicorn
                        3. The Last Story

Disappointments:

1. Kokuga
                        2. Code of Princess
                        3. Toki to Towa (I knew the game would suck, but I expected much more attention to graphical details).

Looking forward to in 2013:

1. Etrian Odyssey IV
                        2. Gunhound EX
                        3. 3D Mario game on the WiiU.
                        4. BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma
                        5. Company of Heroes 2
                        6. MechWarrior Online (out of beta)
                        7. Aliens Colonial Marines
                        8. Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (I'll have to buy a Vita...)

Comment

No votes for NSMB WiiU?

There is a fundamental problem with doing that, it's not worth shelling out ?300 for.

Comment

My GOTYs

1: Halo 4 (duh)
                            2: Dishonored
                            3: Walking Dead

Biggest Dissapointments

1: Hitman
                            2:Mass Effect 3
                            3: Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Looking forward to

1: Metal Gear Revengeance
                            2: Bioshock Infinite
                            3: Crysis 3

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                              There is a fundamental problem with doing that, it's not worth shelling out ?300 for.
                              You've got to justify that turd somehow.
                              Last edited by speedlolita; 01-12-2012, 20:30.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                                There is a fundamental problem with doing that, it's not worth shelling out ?3 for.
                                Let me fix that for you B

Comment

Working...
                                X