Clerks 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clerks 3

With his directing career pretty much dead and popularity sinking away, Kevin Smith has announced he wi direct just one more film, this third installment in the series.

I'm not going to expect much as nothing he's done in ages has worked out and Clerks 2 was pretty ropey. I'm expecting he'll use it as a mouth piece to rant with any hope he'll resist getting bogged down with that and try to finish on a high.

would much rather he just did more evening with kevin smiths i thought they were great

Comment

I enjoyed the first one he did. I think the trouble started when he stopped being an indie sideliner and tried joining the industry properly. He just wasn't up to the job and took the criticism to heart and started being a dick about it. His well documented complaints about Bruce Willis are a classic example, maybe Bruce was a prat to him, maybe he found him too amatuerish or didnt make an effort because he could tell the film was bad but by mouthing off he pissed off many of the most powerful peeps in Hollywood. I like to think of Smith as someone who knows everything about the film making game except how to play it.

Comment

Used to be a fan of Kevin Smith but he's a bit of a one trick pony - that particular pony being regurgitating the same cock gag. I thought the second Clerks was pretty good but with all the radio stuff he's doing lately he's completely burned himself out, so I don't have high hopes for this.

Comment

Clerks 2 was excellent in my opinion, i'll be looking forward to this and hoping it's decent.

Comment

Yeah, so was Red State. Brilliant films. Hit Somebody has a lot of promise, too. Cop Out is a **** sandwich. Maximum Movie Mode on the Blu Ray makes it worthwhile though, just.

Always suspected there would be a 3rd Clerks as it has been mentioned a lot. Thought it might be animated or audio only though. Will listen to Hollywood Babble On tomorrow to find out the full story.

Comment

I'm probably in a minority but I love Z+MMAP one of my favourites, Red state was aces and as long as Clerks 3 has another Donkey show in it it will be all good

Comment

Smith confirms that Clerks 3 has financing in place so should be coming along in the near future

Comment

I liked what he did with the Daredevil comics but other than that I think the last decent thing he did was the first Clerks.

Even BFF Afflek doesn't bother with him anymore. I dont think this will be any good and to me seems a bit desperate but I would love to be wrong about it.

Comment

It's always felt like Clerks has become his safety net. Things get a bit dour career wise and another Clerks buys him a few more years. I didn't enjoy Clerks 2 much so not expecting this to be any good

Comment

The guy has directed some decent films over his career (enjoyed Jay & Bob Strikes Back and Dogma) but yes he should leave his emotions at the door when it comes to dealing with the industry. Stating how you feel all the time isn't always the best stance to take.

I wish him well though if this is the film he bows out on directorial duties with.

Comment

Back before cinematic universes became all the rage, filmmaker Kevin Smith had his View Askewniverse which linked multiple films like Clerks, Dogma, Chasing Amy, etc. as being part of the same ‘world’, one in which stoner duo Jay and Silent Bob were recurring characters. More recently the New Jersey director has been focused on his […]

Kevin Smith is currently toying with the idea of merging his horror trilogy universe with his View Askiew one

Comment

Filmmaker Kevin Smith has revealed on Twitter that he had a massive heart attack after a stand-up show in Glendale last night. Smith was scheduled to do two “Kevin Smith Live!” performances, but after feeling ill after the first set the 47-year-old cancelled the second and went to the hospital. It’s a good thing he […]

Kevin Smith has tweeted to reveal that last night, after a stand up gig, he suffered a massive heart attack.

Comment

I read about this yesterday. Harsh to have to endure a heart attack in your late 40s but hopefully it'll make him look at his lifestyle a little and think how he can live healthier (not trying to be harsh but wearing the loose-fitting clothes all the time would suggest having gotten used to a very comfortable and convenient lifestyle a long time ago).

I wish him all the best with his recovery. Hopefully he'll be around for a few decades yet.
                            Last edited by Paddy; 27-02-2018, 11:06.

Comment

On Becoming A God In Central Florida Showtime has released the official trailer and poster for “On Becoming a God in Central Florida,” their new dark comedy series starring Golden Globe nominee Kirsten Dunst. Set in a small Orlando-adjacent town in 1992, Dunst plays a minimum-wage water park employee who lies, schemes and cons her […]

Smith has announced a script event reading for Clerks 3

Comment

Working...
                              X