PSVita thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PSVita thread 2.

As I've probably already said vita is the handheld that pretty much all gamers said that they wanted. It has every feature!

Comment

I have started using my Vita over the weekend. What amazed me was just the amount of content on the US store compared to Europe, im seriously thinking about getting a second memory card so i can use my US account on it.

In regards to the Vita itself i just wish for 2 things. Cheaper memory cards, even after a year they are still very pricey. The other thing i wish they would do is make the decent PS1 games cheaper. I know neither are likely to happen anytime soon but that would be ideal.

Comment

I've got NFS: Most Wanted landing tomorrow. From what I gather it doesn't support English, but it shouldn't be a problem. At least it'll give me some use of the damned thing. Ha.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The Most Wanted port is really really good J0e.

Sick white Vita there - I'm interested by the number of people saying the US Vita store far exceeds the UK one, but just don't think I can bear to have 3 separate memory cards with different accounts on >_<

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
            As I've probably already said vita is the handheld that pretty much all gamers said that they wanted. It has every feature!
            This is what I've been thinking. Almost every complaint about handheld hardware has been addressed in this console, yet no one has bought it. From my time playing with one its a lovely console too, really nice to hold, great screen, duel analogue sticks, reasonable sound. Just needs the storage to come down and a more compelling lineup to convince the masses i think.

Or is it just apathy towards dedicated handhelds due to mobiles being, good enough, that people cant be bothered these days, the price certainly doesn't help it.

For me, id like to see more effort into decent pricing on the online store, to make it more compelling to buy straight onto the console (especially from 3rd parties on new games), more cross play games, strangers wrath is a good example that should be cross play.
            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 18-12-2012, 11:42.

Comment

NFS:MW is great. Love it.

Got a brilliant title reviewing at the moment on Vita. Review up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo2 View Post
                Got my white Vita today, a sexy beast. Have been transferring my stuff from my black Vita before I'll sell that one.

Also, tomorrow starts a 3-week sale on the US PS Store with some great titles. I'm thinking of getting LBP, and as I have PS+ it will cost only $17.49 - sweet!
                Sweet vita. Nice one kompis!

Comment

I want a 3g vita. Yes I know it makes no sense but all the time I'm using my current one I know it's not the best version and it's annoying me.

That white Vita looks lovely.

Comment

Its almost the perfect handhed i wanted, but the sticks are ****e...

Precise controlling in fps(good job they are all poor) is a nightmare...hell even in uncharted i was doing weird little runs in dodgy directions thanks to the hyper sensitive loose mini sticks. You have to resort to drastically lowering sensitivity which is always a bad sign. They just need to be a touch bigger, and with a little more resistance...not psp resistance, but more than thecurrent loosey goosey vita design.

Overall though its still my favorite piece of hardware.

Comment

I'm worried that PSO2 will make me want a 3G Vita >_>; honestly though the thing that holds me back is the cost an additional data plan. It seems totally ridiculous to pay even ?5 per month just for a game system's mobile internet connection. I've tethered my Vita to my iPhone a few times and it works, but not too well.

I think the Vita's sticks are great. They basically have no dead zone, which I love. For my hands they don't need to be any bigger, either.

Comment

Take some getting used to but the super sensitive Vita sticks get the thumbs up from me too.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

I think the Vita's sticks are great. They basically have no dead zone, which I love. For my hands they don't need to be any bigger, either.
                          The lack of dead zone isnt the problem, rather the area of rotation is that tiny and loose that any accuracy in games which require it just ends up an act of comedy.

Play COD on the vita to see my point...actually no dont.

Its OK(nbothing more) for some games, but for anything where you need to be even slightly precise, its subpar.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            Everybody's Golf is immense fun!!

Monkey Ball for the price is great.

Fighting game wise it has to be SF X Tekken or Ultimate MvC.

I didn't like Vita controls for UMVC3. I can't do the high speed combos with the stick or the pad. I'm too used to an arcade stick I guess.
                            Maybe it's better for Sf X T which is much slower.

Comment

Oddworld is up on the store today, I never played this before is it worth a punt?

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                                Oddworld is up on the store today, I never played this before is it worth a punt?
                                YES If you like

A, Good games.

B, Games that fully utilize the vita's OLED.

C, Games that while being awsome are cheaper than the popular PSone titles...on PS+ at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X