No announcement yet.

All the World's Wrongs: Games At Fault!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You seem to have missed my point. People who own guns are statistically much more likely to be killed by a gun, and you don't think a total ban would help in ANY way?

Comment

What happens when a teacher snaps? before they might just run out in tears, but if they have a gun just gives them the tool to wipe out their entire classroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Party boy View Post
        You seem to have missed my point. People who own guns are statistically much more likely to be killed by a gun, and you don't think a total ban would help in ANY way?
        Removing all the gang/drug related shootings from the equation, is that actually true?
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Bill
          Like, I was over in England. You ever been to England, anyone, been to England? No one has handguns in England, not even the cops. True or false? True. Now-in England last year, they had fourteen deaths from handguns. FFFFFourteen. Now-the United States, and I think you know how we feel about handguns-woooo, I'm getting a warm tingly feeling just saying the ******* word, to be honest with you. I swear to you, I am hard. Twenty-three thousand deaths from handguns. Now let's go through those numbers again, because they're a little baffling at first glance. England, where no one has guns, fffffffourteen deaths. United States, and I think you know how we feel about guns-woooo, I'm getting a stiffy-twenty-three thousand deaths from handguns. But there's no connection, and you'd be a fool and a Communist to make one. There's no connection between having a gun and shooting someone with it, and not having a gun and not shooting someone. There have been studies made and there is no connection at all there. Yes. That's absolute proof. You know, fourteen deaths from handguns. Probably American tourists, too. (Angry tourist voice) You call this a sandwich? BANG! BANG!
          Love this

Comment

Bill Hicks, the legend. Greatest comedian who ever lived.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
              Bill Hicks, the legend. Greatest comedian who ever lived.
              quoted for truth.
              Crazy to think that a man who died 20 years would still be so relevant in today's society. Revolutionary doesn't even begin to describe his genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
                quoted for truth.
                Crazy to think that a man who died 20 years would still be so relevant in today's society. Revolutionary doesn't even begin to describe his genius.
                I'll quote your quote of guts's quote for truth! *apart from goat boy, that was creepy*

Comment

Goat boy was his reaction to when things got too comfortable for him I think, he wanted to shock, but when folks were just sat there idolising him(mainly in the UK) he found it strange.

Edit - I didn't like it though.
                  Last edited by Kieran76; 12-03-2013, 20:26.

Comment

Like clockwork

Comment

That links to another interesting article:
                      Why Do Newspapers Attack Video Games?

Yes, the newspapers can pretty much make up stories if they want, but Gamers don't really help their cause with behaviour like this:
                      Instead it is incensed gamers who will take the fight to newspapers and news programmes, but not often in the most ambassadorial manner. Daily Star chief crime reporter, Jerry Lawton, says the backlash from his erroneous GTA Rothbury article was more poisonous than anything else he's experienced at the paper.
                      "There were a lot of gamers who contacted me with pretty abusive messages," he tells CVG. "Someone even sent me a bullet with my name on it."

Comment

Sequel will probably be grand theft not auto

Comment

If this happens at the new iphone launch I wonder if the news outlets will denounce mobile phones?

Comment

People also get mugged for money, let's ban that too.

Comment

Ah, we're playing this game again? Awesome. Link me to the calls to ban GTAV based on this mugging. Given how high profile the game is, I can only imagine the results will be better than what happened in the Hotline Miami thread.

Comment

Are you always this anal?

Comment

Working...
                                X