UK Law relaxed on digital copying incl. games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Law relaxed on digital copying incl. games

Making digital copies of music, films and other copyrighted material for personal use is to be made legal for the first time under government plans. It has previously been illegal in the UK to rip songs from a CD to a digital player or transfer eBooks, music, films and games from one device to another.

But people will still not be allowed to share the copies with others.

Business Secretary Vince Cable said the move was "not only common sense but good business sense".
    "Bringing the law into line with ordinary people's reasonable expectations will boost respect for copyright, on which our creative industries rely," he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20802043

I wonder what the implications will be for modding, if any.
    Last edited by sj33; 21-12-2012, 08:11.

Great news.

Now if only something could be done about the situation where you buy something digital online, lose it but they don't let you re-download without paying again.

Comment

Wonderful news, glad to hear that DRM & copying is relaxing on the consumers side.

Although it's odd most consumer devices have allowed me to copy music since I was a nipper. I guess this now allows us to legally make a copy of our Films, Games & Books to other devices.
      Last edited by Wools; 21-12-2012, 11:42.

Comment

Move to somewhere that lets you do that. Amazon let you 5 times I think, as do some others.

As for the news, this makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Get your Wii softmodded, install Cleanrip and get your Dolphin emulator on.

Comment

Working...
          X