Recommend me some xbox 360 games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me some xbox 360 games.

Ok, don't crap yourselves, but i'm going to buy a 360 today. I haven't owned one in years so will have missed out on many, many quality games. What are the must haves on the system right now? I think the last time I owned one gears of war 2 was the last game I bought.

I like games with action, not anything where I have to spend hours developing characters and upgrading. I have an incredibly low boredom threshold when it comes to gaming, so anything that takes more than ten minutes to get in to is a no go. I'm thinking Halo 4 for starters, and i'd like a good fun driving game, but there seems to be a ton of new ones on the system.

Ok, go!

EDF 2017 off the store, do every campaign from easy to hard and collect all the weapons, see you around 50 hours or so.

Comment

Little racers street best racing game on 360 & only 80MSP.

Comment

Should probably add i'm not interested in downloads for now.

Comment

Sleeping Dogs? A GTA style game with fantastic combat. A better game IMO.

Comment

Halo 4, Gears of War 3, Far Cry 3, Forza Horizon or even Forza 4.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
              Should probably add i'm not interested in downloads for now.
              Was gonna suggest trials.

Comment

Driving: I really enjoyed Forza 3, but for something different, you could try Driver: San Francisco. Personally, my fave racing game is Stuntman: Ignition because you get to jump over trains, drive under collapsing buildings and powerslide after escaping bad guys. Yes, you have to keep replaying the levels, but you soon suss the layout and before long, you're trying to string stunts from the start to the finish. Loved it!

Action: Lost Planet 2 has real variety in the levels and some mahoosive bosses, but probably works best in co-op. The first LP is SP only. Bioshock is a good shooter, and you could try Crackdown, which is brilliant fun. Batman: Arkham Asylum is a great little adventure game with all the combat and gadgets you'd imagine.

You've got a lot of choice in front of you (even more if you start downloading too - Live has a lot of more arcadey games, which I think you'd like), but don't forget that less is more! If you get too many games, you won't know where to start.

Comment

If sleeping dogs is remotely similar to GTA it can GTF, did not have the slightest bit of patience for it when I tried it.

Most of the games you listed in your second paragraph are pretty old Chimp, I think even i've played them all believe it or not. Up until gears 2 I *think* i'd played most of the decent 360 exclusives, looking for stuff that's been released since, so I think that's 2008 onwards. The xbox i'm looking at comes bundled with Forza 4 essentials, is that any good?

As far as the downloads are concerned, i'm intending to get shadow complex and mark of the ninja. But definitely don't want a lot of stuff bought that way, I like my physical media.

Comment

Vanquish & Bayonetta.

Topic closed.

Comment

Re: Recommend me some xbox 360 games.

Crackdown and bayonetta. Fez. Trials.

Comment

Played, completed and loved vanquish on PS3. Absolutely hate bayonetta. (Yes, I'm picky)

Comment

Portal 2 is excellent.
                          Lollipop chainsaw is funny, gets a bit samey though.

Comment

Vanquish is pretty boring.

Nier and Bayonetta from me - best two games this generation. Bullet Witch holds about 8 hours of fairly enjoyable gameplay too.

EDIT: Ignore italics, didn't see second page.

Lollipop Chainsaw would be enjoyable for a few hours I guess, certainly wouldn't want to replay it.

Comment

Sorry, Ikobo, I misunderstood your original post.

I hardly get chance to play any new games, I normally play them a year or so after release.

You could get some ideas from best-of lists:
                              2012: The Walking Dead (non-download was Mass Effect 3)
                              2011: Portal 2
                              2010: Red Dead Redemption
                              2009: Dragon Age: Origins
                              2008: GTA IV

Comment

Working...
                              X