This Generation's Lost Franchises...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    unirally! Best game in the SNES. Well, not really. Still awesome.
    Blame Pixar for that.

Comment

Damn you Pixar! You can't own the look of every inanimate object!

Where was my F-Zero?

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        Is that the one where you couldn't die if you fell of a ledge? The girl would always grab you?
        I don't really see the beef with this...in something like tomb raider you jump off a ledge and miss the game reloads you to your last checkpoint, all they did was add a cutscene of you being saved by the girl so it's less annoying to reload and makes the idea more believable.

Have to say I missed

F-Zero
        Starfox
        Goemon

Comment

I have been wanting a new Pilotwings game for ages - don't like the 3DS one.

And also the N64 one on VC.

Comment

GOEMON - he looks like Mario with Sonic perched on his head. Clearly better than both.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
              I don't really see the beef with this...in something like tomb raider you jump off a ledge and miss the game reloads you to your last checkpoint, all they did was add a cutscene of you being saved by the girl so it's less annoying to reload and makes the idea more believable.
              For me it wasn't that that was the problem itself. It was a symptom of a much larger problem, which is that I never really felt like I was playing a game. The runs from place to place were so restricted, so smooth, so set up in a tightly-place rhythm that the whole game felt like a series of QTEs to me and that I couldn't actually die only served to highlight that this was just something I was an observer in, not truly a player. I felt it was barely a game. Looked gorgeous though.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                I'm one of the few to have enjoyed the Prince of Persia reboot and really wished they did more with the two characters.
                Which current generation reboot? The first with the cell shaded graphics or the second which I think was a spin off from the simply dreadful film PoP: SoT I made the huge mistake of watching last last night on BBC1?

Comment

I'm still waiting for this so called last ninja sequel that never seems to materialise... The less like ninja gaiden the better

But notable omissions this gen that springs to mind is dinosaur crisis, pilot wings, fzero, virtua cop and a personal fave of mine, Grandia.

Comment

2D Metroid games...

Comment

Just been thinking, we haven't seen any movement on another 1080 Snowboarding. First is still easily the best snowboarding game out there.

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                      I think that's great game design.
                      It was implement quite well. I think people who played Prey and had to do the spirit walking may appreciate it more.

Speaking of which, no Prey 2.

I thought it was starting to sound like quite a decent game and it got a good write up by the Giantbomb guys.

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
                        Shenmuuuuuuuuue!
                        Seconed. We need the final chapter to Shenmue. Also I'd like to have seen a panzer Dragoon game (That Kinect Crimson something or other doesn't count unless they add pad controlls too!)

Comment

Psyvariar 3 and another f zero game are the 2 big games I would like the most .

i'm also getting worried for the future of the advance wars series as the last on on the ds didn't get a japanese release

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post

Have to say I missed

F-Zero
                            Starfox
                            Goemon
                            Because it would be nice to have an actual fear of dying as it ramps up the tension no end. Don't get me wrong I don't like the overuse of checkpoints either.

Comment

Prince Of Petsia just had a different kind of challenge than the other games in the series where you just have to reach the end. It was much more of a modern type platformer that was easy to complete but the real aim was to collect 100 percent of the orbs on a level.

Comment

Suikoden for me. I would have loved a new entry on the PS3/360 or even the Wii, but it seems the series is pretty much dead, especially here.

Comment

Working...
                                X