Capcom Arcade Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capcom Arcade Cabinet

To celebrate Capcom's 30th anniversary, they have revealed via their blog that they are going to release a series of classic arcade games to 360 and PS3 as digital downloads.

So it looks as if the CAC?s out of the bag, and the world?s officially onto our plans to unleash a number of cherished 8-bit arcade games as part as Capcom?s 30th Anniversary. The Capcom Arcade Cabinet will feature numerous classic Capcom games as digital downloads for PS3 and 360, and it is definitely coming to western territories.
    It looks like it's going to be similar to Microsoft's Games Room where the initial download will be free, with possibly one game included, and then an additional fee for the rest.

In an interview with Polygon, Producer said:
    We'll be releasing a free starter pack of sorts that lets you play one title to the end.We're still debating how we'll distribute the other titles, but one plan we have in mind is to have packs of multiple games available for really surprisingly cheap prices. I think we'll have the demo out before too long, and we're setting up the distribution schedule for the rest of the games such that we'll be keeping players entertained for a while to come.
    Further details will be announced on February 7th, but released a teaser poster to guess what games would be part of it.

Black Tiger is the first game revealed and it looks like

1942, Commando, Gun Smoke and Trojan

are likely to follow.

French site, Pockett.net, found the complete Japanese artwork, but it's a little hard to make out the characters depicted on the cover.
    [hide]
    [/hide]

Oh how awesome. Look at all those games I've NEVER played before. *buys instantly*

Gun.Smoke though...
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Achievements were up if anyone was interested.
      Capcom Arcade Cabinet has 37 Achievements. View the full Capcom Arcade Cabinet achievement list at XboxAchievements.com.

Black Tiger, 1943 and Avengers are listed on the achievements.

Looks like it will be spanning a lot of formats mobile, pc, consoles, handhelds and tablets.

Comment

Not exactly cheap but I'll pick up a couple of them.

The 360 version allows you to upload screenshots to Facebook and the PS3 version allows you to upload videos to YouTube. Both versions give you access to music players.

Game Pack 1 - Available February 19th (US) 20th (EU) ?3.99 / ?4.99 / $4.99 / 400MP
        Black Tiger
        1943: Battle of Midway
        Avengers
        (Note: Black Tiger is free for PSN users. XBLA users will also have free access to it, but will only receive a single credit. 1943: Battle of Midway and Avengers will initially only be available individually as XBLA titles until 5th March when they hit PSN.)

Game Pack 2 - Available 5th March (US) / 6th March (EU). ?7.99 / ?9.99 / $9.99 / 800 MP
        Ghosts 'n Goblins
        Gun.Smoke
        Section Z

Game Pack 3 - Available 19th March (US) / 20th March (EU). ?7.99 / ?9.99 / $9.99 / 800 MP
        Side Arms
        The Speed Rumbler
        Exed Exes (Savage Bees)

Game Pack 4 - Available 2nd April (US) / 3rd April (EU). ?7.99 / ?9.99 / $9.99 / 800 MP
        Commando
        Legendary Wings
        Trojan

Game Pack 5 - Available 16th April (US) / 17th April (EU). $9.99/?9.99/?7.99/800MSP
        SonSon
        Pirate Ship Higemaru

All-in-One Pack - Available 16th April (US) / 17th April (EU). ?23.99 / ?29.99 / $29.99 / 2000 MP
        All 15 titles, plus two yet to be revealed bonus games.

Comment

Speed Rumbler!

That justifies the whole package.

Comment

Online co-op play supported? Well done Capcom.

Comment

black tiger was awesome in arcades way back...............bucket of **** now though.

Comment

I wish they'd do stuff like Strider instead of crap like 1942. That was turd in it's day IMO and even worse now. Still, at least it's not another Street Fighter collection although I would like to see the original Street Fighter 1 for ****s and giggles.

Comment

Thought there was a Wii U version as well?

Comment

Come on guys are you just petending the Sega Saturn, PS1, PS2 Collections don't exist?

This is the same list of the same games we have seen before and quite pricey too, Capcom need to get their act together, they're just a laughing stock right now.

Were are games like, Armored Warriors, UN Squardon, Megaman Power Battles and their license titles etc..

Just such a waste no interest in this as it is at the moment, just buy the PS2 collections for a ?5 each.
                    Last edited by S3M; 08-02-2013, 18:55.

Comment

Sack o' cack, I shan't be buying. It's a pathetic lineup, I've already GOT all these, and if I bought this I'd effectively own some games thrice, as I own the Capcom Generations PS1 comp!!!!

Give me a 20 game bundle of ****ty, obscure Capcom games I've never heard of, I'd be all over it like a rash.

Ooooooh, game pack 5 sounds ACES, Pirate Ship Higemaru is worth the price of admission alone! (ahem)

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                        Come on guys are you just petending the Sega Saturn, PS1, PS2 Collections don't exist?

This is the same list of the same games we have seen before and quite pricey too, Capcom need to get their act together, they're just a laughing stock right now.

Were are games like, Armored Warriors, UN Squardon, Megaman Power Battles and their license titles etc..

Just such a waste no interest in this as it is at the moment, just buy the PS2 collections for a ?5 each.
                        Are you pretending Mega Man Anniversary Collection (PS2, GC, Xbox) didn't exist and didn't contain Mega Man Power Battle? :P

Comment

Originally posted by MadMarc View Post
                          Are you pretending Mega Man Anniversary Collection (PS2, GC, Xbox) didn't exist and didn't contain Mega Man Power Battle? :P
                          Based on how bad the emulation was in that collection it's best you don't play it, however asides from the megaman collections the two arcade games haven't appeared on any of the classic collections.

Comment

I got totally bummed by this the other day. I have been waiting just for the Side Arms game to unlock via individual purchase for 320 MSP. So I steamed in and bought it (reminds me of the arcade era, looked stunning in its day).

What I didn't realise is that you ALSO have to buy the "shell" of the Capcom Arcade Cabinent for 400 MSP as well, otherwise it doesn't unlock. Bastards.

So ended up spending over double of what I wanted to! Should of stuck to the MAME version!

I'd love to know what the **** is contained within its 1.2GB of data! The ROMS themselves must only take up a couple of MB tops!

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
                              I'd love to know what the **** is contained within its 1.2GB of data! The ROMS themselves must only take up a couple of MB tops!
                              There's also bonus stuff like artwork and videos isn't there?

Comment

Working...
                              X