No announcement yet.

SUPER HEXAGON - iOS / Android / Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody hell - subscribed now, thought I already was but have missed a whole bunch of posts. My apologies all!

Have just updated the table!

Comment

How do you get past that sequence on hyper hexagonest that seems much harder than the others, it has 2 parts of the hexagon blocked off, one unblocked, another 2 parts blocked off, then another free, and it spams them at you really fast. I can occasionally get past with my reactions, but normally get caught out.

Comment

Is it this one by any chance?

If you really want to know it's....

Right Right Left Left. ALWAYS!

I got so used to doing it, I do it all the time now even on the lines.

Comment

Yeah, that's the one! Cheers, it comes at you so fast, then disappears so fast if it gets you I never got a good look at it.

Comment

Just smashed my record and got up to 51.58 seconds, and it was that bastard pattern that caught me out. Just as I was starting to think I might beat it...

Comment

Up to 56 seconds odd now, I only seem to be able to manage one good run per day, so annoying, I want to make it my bitch NOW. The fact I so rarely get to pentagon means I feel under more pressure on the rare occasions that I do, plus adrenaline can kick in, which is a killer when you're not doing anything physical and such precision is required.

It might be partly my poor attention span, but I'm sure a lot is to do with the game being quite random, with skill only taking you so far. Even 10-20 seconds feels like a long time on hardestestest as well...

Comment

I have a steam screenshot of the time 59.68 on that final level, I could have cried.
                Stick at it and though and you will crack it. Most of it is a combination of memory and repetition, I knew the night I finished final level I hammered the same level for about an hour, I could feel I was going to nail that level.
                Once I finished it though, I left the game for about a week and now I can't finish or improve on that time on that final level.
                It's like the muscle memory relaxed too much.

Comment

I did it!

I thought much the same thing would happen to me, but thankfully 56 seconds odd was my best time before I beat it. To be fair though, I so rarely got up to Pentagon, and then put so much pressure on my self when I beat my record that I was mentally prepared for having to beat the 56 seconds several times before actually beating it, and was grateful when I did actually manage to improve on my time.

I've only beaten the first two stages more than once, I thought once the pressure was off it would be much easier on the later stages, though to be fair I haven't played them that much since beating them. With some of the other stages I found it helped to play other stages to help prepare, certainly when there are harder/faster stages available than the one you're trying to beat, but I found it was best to jump straight into it with Hardestestest, otherwise you felt the speed difference. I also found it much better to turn the sound off personally, in the end.

I got the worst possible completion time though, I thought I had the next wave sorted early, but then it seemed to change and I got caught out. It's a pain that there's not an easier way to get back to it, though it felt easy in theory, it was just easy to get caught out before the 60 second mark.

But still, I'm very happy to have finally beaten it all.

My current times are:

Hard - 99.24
                  Harder - 101.31
                  Hardest - 64.18
                  Hardester - 71.31
                  Hardestest - 64.32
                  Hardestestest - 65.42

Comment

Woo! Congrats - just added all of your times to the table

I still pop in for a quick two minutes or so of play every now and again, but I'd really like to get back and hit some of my scores hard. Will have to see about scraping myself off the bottom of the table for Hyper Hexagoner!

Comment

Cheers!Speaking of Hyper Hexagoner, just beat my old record with a time of 103:10 - my best time on any of them! Should give you something to aim for. Maybe we can dump Family Fry to the bottom of the pile on the harder ones, haha. Though I'm pleased I'm only bottom on one, I'd forgotten about good old Nija!

Comment

Just got 76:27 on Hardest, to add to the 103:10 on Hyper Hexagoner, which would appear to put me top on two of them for now at least. It was my nemesis sequence that caught me out on Hardest...
                        Last edited by Party boy; 03-06-2013, 23:44.

Comment

Just got 64:47 on Hardestestest... Annoying. I was a tenth off beating my best time on Hardest the other day too.

Comment

Completed this on iOS and Android. Its surprising how easy it is to get back and pick up and play even after not playing it for a while...

Bring on a sequel!!

Comment

Finally, finally, finally I managed to survive 60 seconds on Hyper Hexagonest with a time of 65:47...it's been a long time since there's been a game I've been so desperate to beat. I hadn't played it in ages but decided to give a shot on a new phone (Z Ultra) which the game works extremely well on, the huge 6.4in screen means your hands hardly obstruct any of the screen and the controls feel smooth and responsive.

I'd say that's me done as it's going to be difficult learning the patterns for the gameplay after the 60 seconds since you can't jump straight to it but I know I won't be able to resist. Absolutely incredible game which just seems to distill gaming right down into something so simple, so punishing yet so rewarding and addictive, it's no exaggeration it's one of my favourite games of recent times of any platform. I loved the 'ending' as well which is maybe just because I'd worked so hard to get it.

John

Comment

Got a bit bored of this but its so nice to pick up and play after a while not playing this.
                                Anyway, here's my scores...

HEXAGON - 144.53
                                HEXAGONER - 73.07
                                HEXAGONEST - 60.17
                                HYPER HEXAGON - 116.10
                                HYPER HEXAGONER - 122.38
                                HYPER HEXAGONEST - 68.27

Comment

Working...
                                X