The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

CD Projekt Red has finally formally announced The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.It's due 2014 on PC and "all high-end platforms …

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been revealed and is said to be open world with a land mass 20% bigger than Skyrim, trying to get me head around that alone, Skyrim was huge. Also should be out 2014 on PC and i Next Gen consoles. I cannot wait to see more of this over the coming months

I was relieved when I read it was next gen as I imagine a current gen release would have meant a bigger world but more of the same. Hopefully the higher power lets them realise the concept better as Witcher 2 was promising in part but heavily overrated.

Comment

Wasn't Skyrim all generic icy wasteland though? There was less diversity than Oblivion based on videos and screenshots which I saw, which in turn had less diversity than Morrowind (the architecture was the same throughout - where were my Telvanni mushroom towers?!).

These games get bigger, but there's less content packed into them.

Comment

That's Bethesda design philosophy for you "sure, our games are full of repetitive gameplay, poor mechanics and boring, stereotypical fantasy, but there's a LOT of it!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
          Wasn't Skyrim all generic icy wasteland though? There was less diversity than Oblivion based on videos and screenshots which I saw, which in turn had less diversity than Morrowind (the architecture was the same throughout - where were my Telvanni mushroom towers?!).

Skyrim is basically an RPG set on the Yorkshire moors.

Having said that its still a more enjoyable game than the Witcher 2.
          Last edited by rmoxon; 05-02-2013, 11:40.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
            Skyrim is basically an RPG set on the Yorkshire moors.

Having said that its still a more enjoyable game than the Witcher 2.
            I've got The Witcher 2 on my shelf, keep meaning to get round to it. More enjoyable in what way? Combat? Gameplay possibilities? Story?

Comment

Both Witcher games are better than anything Bethesda has done IMO.

Comment

Yeah they trumpet these larger playing areas in their marketing but it can end up meaning a more empty and bland world with samey characters and enemies. I'd take quality over quantity.

I'm wondering if the same thing will happen with GTAV.

Comment

Really disliked Skyrim for some reason (despite playing it for 60+ hours...I kept wanting it to click with me like Oblivion did. But it didn't.) I prefer the Witcher games from what I've played of them, really need to get around to playing through the rest of 1 so I can start 2 Too many games...

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
                    really need to get around to playing through the rest of 1 so I can start 2 Too many games...
                    This ^^^^

In fact I'm gonna start clearing my PC back catalog tonight.

Comment

I've been debating buying this for weeks, but it just turned up on steam for ?7.50, gonna give it a look

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        I've been debating buying this for weeks, but it just turned up on steam for ?7.50, gonna give it a look
                        Wow, that was fast! Game was just announced today and it's already on sale on Steam! What a world we live in.

Comment

Sorry, I just popped into a time bubble then.

Comment

I've got The Witcher 2 on my shelf, keep meaning to get round to it. More enjoyable in what way? Combat? Gameplay possibilities? Story?
                            The Witcher games have great, dark stories but I simply didn't enjoy the gameplay in them. The first game had horrible gameplay that was just terrible in every way, the second is an improvement but still has major balancing issues and is ultimately unexciting to play.

Skyrim is certainly not without its issues, but its a better game that is at least enjoyable to play. Also when talking about the gameplay, Skyrim is a big improvement over previous games in the series, the combat is good and they refined a lot of stuff (you no longer feel the need to spend hours jumping on the spot to level for instance).
                            Last edited by rmoxon; 05-02-2013, 21:13.

Comment

Update: This is a bit more believable. Turns out that when CDPR studio head Adam Badowski said The Witcher 3 would be t…

First screenshots of Witcher 3. Looks just fantastic, though quite sad that CD Projekt Red are saying this may well be the last Witcher game.

Comment

Working...
                              X