No announcement yet.

What's the best snowboarding game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1080 on Wii VC. Turn the music off in the options and put something chillingly ambient on instead.

Comment

Stoked is good if you can find it cheap. But not as great as the above mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
        Looks like I could play amped 2. I assume that amped 3 is cack?
        Almost certain it doesn't work on 360, and yes, the 2nd one is better than the 3rd (the 3rd one is quite poor). Like a lot of Xbox games with launch/early 360 title sequels, they never supported it for backwards compatibility.

Comment

Apparently it is backward compatible:

Is there somewhere official I can check though?

Comment

Apparently it is backward compatible:

Is there somewhere official I can check though?
            Afraid I don't know, but if you try it and it is, can you let me know? I'll eBay a copy for myself. Loved that game.

That being said, the online features of it were turned off years ago, and that was one of the most compelling things. It used Microsoft's short-lived XSN Sports system.

Comment

Thanks Zaki. I want to avoid buying wii points if possible but I might resort to that if I have to.

*checks out cool boarders 2*
              All the cool boarders were cack. DT knows this.
              SSX Tricky was good, but not really a snowboarding game.
              1080 is my most played.
              Then Stoked which captures powder runs immensely well.
              Then Amped or Amped 2
              Then 1080 Avalanche

Comment

I enjoyed MTV Snowboarding as a kid. But what do I know, barely played any.

Never had much joy with Cool Borders though.

Comment

1080 on Wii VC. Turn the music off in the options and put something chillingly ambient on instead.

Comment

Stoked looks good. Wanted section here I come

Comment

I know it is not what you want to hear but 1080 was all sorts of aceness. Might even have a blast of it this weekend.

Comment

I remember enjoying Cool Borders and Steep Slope Sliders when they were new. Not sure how they would hold up now, but I fancy giving them another go after failing to get into either Stoked or Amped 3 on Xbox 360 the other week when we had a bit of snow. Never played 1080 - is the GC version good too or is it N64 or nothing?

Comment

I have fond memories of the GC version mainly because it was the first game I played after buying a surround sound system and the sound of the board switching between the left and right speakers as I turned blew me away.

Comment

Originally posted by acidbearboy View Post
                            I remember enjoying Cool Borders and Steep Slope Sliders when they were new. Not sure how they would hold up now, but I fancy giving them another go after failing to get into either Stoked or Amped 3 on Xbox 360 the other week when we had a bit of snow. Never played 1080 - is the GC version good too or is it N64 or nothing?
                            The main thing that differentiates Steep Slope Sliders from other snowboarding games is the lack of CPU opponents. This puts the focus on score and time, but it may put off people who prefer playing against CPU opponents.

It's still the best snowboarding game on a Sega console though, and probably one of the most addicted games I've ever played. It has that 'one more go' quality that we'd typically associate with Sega games, yet the game is developed by Cave.

Comment

1080 on the GC is pretty good. The handling was quite different and not quite as spot on as the N64 version, but the variety of tracks made up for it. Amazing TT action. Oh, 1080 N64 PAL version is all kinds of rubbish in comparison to the NTSC version.

Comment

I remember the emphasis in 1080 Avalanche being more about speed. The first 1080 was more about the handling.

Comment

Working...
                                X