No announcement yet.

What's the best snowboarding game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get ready people CryEngine 3 powered snowboarding and skiing.
    PC Only but check it out!
    Snow:The Game

SNOW is a skiing and snowboarding game which looks to restart the winter sports genre. SNOW is being developed by a small indie group based out of Stockholm, Sweden. SNOW takes the player back to basics, refining scale, physics and controls to capture the majesty of the mountain. In a genre that has been dominated by unrealistic snowboarding titles with impossible aerial combinations and confined race-track slopes, SNOW will truly capture the unique feeling of riding through powder. SNOW is a game for skiers, by skiers.

Boasting several new and unique features, SNOW will set itself apart from its competition. Some of these features are:

Skiing and Snowboarding

SNOW will be the first major title to allow the player to both ski and snowboard without putting more focus on either sport.

Completely Open World

You are able to explore the rich environment any way you please. Mountains consist of dozens of different routes and discoverable items, encouraging the player to explore and define their own line.

Intuitive Controls

Using a completely new and improved control scheme that pays attention to the actual experience of skiing and snowboarding, SNOW enhances the link between player and character, creating a superior gaming experience.

Realistic 3D Visuals

Using acclaimed CryENGINE 3 game technology, SNOW delivers the most realistic visual experience of any winter sports game to date.

Physics

Completely physics-driven, SNOW takes a grounds-up approach to recreating the feeling of skiing and snowboarding.
    FREE 2 PLAY?
    GOD DAMN

Comment

Another vote for SSX Tricky. Imaginitive levels, larger than life characters and great gameplay and design make this my favorite. Steep Slope Sliders was also very good but i havn't played it in over a decade so i may find it alot more dull these days.

Comment

That Cliffhanger game looks like complete arse-funk.

Comment

I'm a Nintendo fanboy, ask Dog Thang, he knows
          Yeah what ever .... You're the one that makes out there no issues with 360 dash being slow to load and it's down to our ISP .

What is to be a fanboy - Bill would be happy

Comment

SSX3 is £3 on xbox BC. I've got Tricky on the GC. How does 3 compare?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              SSX3 is £3 on xbox BC. I've got Tricky on the GC. How does 3 compare?
              It didn't have the crazy course variety of Tricky as it's all limited to one 'open world' mountain, but it gave a wonderful sense of freedom and scale, both on course but especially if you went off on your own. Snow effects were much improved over Tricky. I loved both games but preferred 3.

Comment

Ok cheers. Downloading now

Comment

SSX3 is my favourite SSX.

I always had a soft spot for Amped 3.

1080 on GC is bloody good too.

Comment

Yeah, 1080° is still my favourite snowboarding game even after all these years.

Comment

1080 on N64 or Amped 3 on 360, the latter is so underrated and the humour in the story mode is just the right amount of crazy/weird to be fun 😅

Comment

Another vote for either 1080 or Amped, though I have to say Amped 2 as I never played 3 (it was one of the Xbox games that had region restrictions and I wasn't in the UK at the time).

I'm curious to know what the best is that's easily available right now, though. I think I have SSX on PS3 (the confusingly named reboot) but it was one of those games that was carved up with DLC. I'd love another 1080, which like 1080 is kinda an all-in-one deal.

Comment

Stoked on the 360 is also excellent. At times almost transcendental. Like the real thing

Comment

Working...
                          X