What's the best snowboarding game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the best snowboarding game?

Must be playable in ps2, ps3, pal 360, Wii, or dreamcast. Thanks!

1080 N64 from virtual console

Comment

The answer is Cool Boarders 2 as long as you remember it as fondly as I do and never, ever play it again.

Comment

Thanks Zaki. I want to avoid buying wii points if possible but I might resort to that if I have to.

*checks out cool boarders 2*

Comment

SSX Tricky, by far. Shame EA never managed to better it.

Comment

I was going to say Steep Slope Sliders until I saw no Saturn (boo you...why don't you have one??? )

Was 1080 Avalanche any good on the Cube??
            You could play that on teh Wii

Neil

Comment

cool boarder code alien

shawn palmers pro snowboarding

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                I was going to say Steep Slope Sliders until I saw no Saturn (boo you...why don't you have one??? )
                Me too, actually. I don't think I've enjoyed a snowboarding game this much. I played the demo probably more than any other game I owned at the time before buying the full game eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  SSX Tricky, by far. Shame EA never managed to better it.

Yeah I really enjoyed this too and put plenty of time into it.

Comment

Third vote for SSX Tricky. Boo to 'realistic' snowboarding sims, says I.

Comment

The only two snowboarding games I've ever rated are Amped 2 and 1080 Snowboarding, neither of which I think will work on your platforms.

Pretty sure the latest SSX game was meant to be OK, just disappointing as people expected a great deal from it. People have mentioned SSX Tricky, and it's certainly a good game, but it's a bit off-the-wall and too removed from actual snowboarding for me.

Amped 2 and 1080 for some reason just feel like the real thing.

Comment

1080 on Wii VC. Turn the music off in the options and put something chillingly ambient on instead.

Comment

Snowboard kids on the n64, and 1080 Avalanche on the cube. The DS snowboard kids is OK too.

Comment

SSX Tricky for pure gaming, 1080 if you want it to feel more like snowboarding.

Personally I prefer Tricky.

Comment

Looks like I could play amped 2. I assume that amped 3 is cack?

Comment

Working...
                              X