No announcement yet.

Doctor Who: Regeneration 02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been 10 years so I'm gonna be redoing all the eps from Ecclestons era onwards. Interested to see if they've aged badly, which hold up and if the older seasons really were stronger than what we have now. A really solid ep will get a Tardis Award from me, we'll see how each season stacks up...

Comment

Matt Smith/Weeping Angels episodes. I say no more!

Comment

The ninth season since the 2005 refresh of “Doctor Who” is now in its second half on both BBC and BBC America, with production on a tenth season already underway. Speaking with Variety, show runner Steven Moffat confirms that though Jenna Coleman is leaving as companion, the current incarnation of the galaxy’s most famous Time […]

Moffat seems to indicate that Capaldi looks likely going further forward into Season 11 and that the show is planned going potentially into and past Season 14.

Comment

First three episodes are now done. In summary:

Rose - The execution has remained really cheap and a little too self aware of the kids watching, it's aged but the moments are still there that originally got me to stick it out with the show.

End of the World - Pretty much the same as the first ep in terms of execution but that frantic sense of urgency is there and the factor of the Doctor taking the lead instead of following others which the show has slipped into.

The Unquiet Dead - It's probably the hardest of the three to sit through but the best in terms of execution in many ways. I like the small moments still looking back on these, like how he's at least slightly remorseful for those he can't save rather than flippant like he is now.

3 down, 10 to go. So far it's overall middling episodes but it isn't boring me. No Tardis Award episodes yet though.

Comment

Trailer for the next ep which should help raise some intrigue:

Comment

I was so happy that

Clara died!

I actually whooped! Finally a **** actress playing an annoying as hell character has gone! Now time to get rid of Moffat and Doctor Who will get good again!

Last edited by Brad; 25-11-2015, 22:17.

Comment

Would it hurt to use the spoiler tag?

Thanks for that. :/

Comment

Don't get excited - the episode ended on a 'to be continued...'

For the sake of the show though, they need to let things stand as they are.

Having such a blast in Lego Dimensions with the Doctor Who stuff made me realize, the *idea* of Doctor Who is a lot better than the actual show. Or maybe just the way it's executed.

Comment

With Doctor Who, due to the kids appeal aspects and also the very casual approach to continuity, the show needs to be either clever or have heart to be engaging most of the time but it's been a good couple of years since it had either to it. A lot feels like Moffat's style. Season 7 showed flickers of it but really you have to go back further.

I like aspects of Capaldi's Doctor, but I'm still not sure whether it's the direction of the show or Capaldi himself that makes this Doctor very flat and one note.

It's why I'm still waiting on a River Song season. Really want to see the story come full circle for that character and as there's already some investment in her storyline it should carry more weight than another doe eyed London lass.

Comment

Apparently Capaldi has said filming will take place later in the year than normal next year for Season 10 which suggests 2016 will only have one Xmas ep and the full season will be delayed into early 2017. To be honest it's probably for the best, BBC's scheduling nightmare is making a mess of the show at the moment

Comment

Just watched the penultimate episode of this series, and while I'm sure it will divide opinions, it was by far and away the best episode I have seen in years. A smart brain-twisting scenario that can actually be comprehended, and isn't just nonsense disguised by a lot of confusing continuity juggling.

I haven't tried too hard to nail down all the details in my mind so no doubt there are still massive plot holes, but it kept me thinking long after I watched it and that's a good thing. If anything isn't going to make sense it's what exactly the 'last will and testament' from the first episode really is.

They didn't overwrite the previous episodes events either, so plus points there too (but I'm not counting my chickens as this episode seemed like an interlude within the grand scheme of things).

Comment

Agree totally

Comment

For some reason it irritates me that

the Doctor is dead and that from this point ever onwards we're technically watching a copy of him

even though it has zero bearing on the show. Other shows have effectively done the same twist before and it irritates me every time for some reason. That aside though, it felt like after two years we finally got a full on Capaldi showcase and the quality bar finally shot back upwards. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

Comment

That's not really the case though. I haven't mastered spoilers tags unfortunately, but.. ehhh...

he is coming fresh out of the teleporter each time. What you say only applies if you consider every use of a teleporter to both kill and copy the traveller

. It just depends on how you look at it.
                              Last edited by Darwock; 29-11-2015, 21:18.

Comment

{spoiler}Text you want to hide{/spoiler}

Just use square brackets instead of curly ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X