No announcement yet.

Doctor Who: Regeneration 02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the Doctor carried the unconscious Clara off and back to the TARDIS somehow. Which is where the 50th anniversary episode begins I believe, as he suggests where does she want to go for a holiday.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Smiths final ep trailer

Comment

Doctor WhoA week out from its airing, BBC America have released an extended trailer for the Christmas special “The Time of the Doctor”. The new trailer gives a better look at the overall plot. The special itself airs on Christmas Day at 9pm, but will be preceded by a “Farewell to Matt Smith” special at […]

Extended trailer for next weeks special, funny that Smith is still heavily pushed as the 11th even though the anniversary special heavily pushed the character accepting him now as the 12th

Comment

The xmas special was a complete mess. Moffatt has some great ideas but this was way too much, it was all over the place.

Comment

Didn't watch it. Will catch it in gif form on tumblr but twitter basically came to the same conclusion - convoluted mess. Curious about the new doctor though. Doctor Who is one of those shows I rarely watch and yet like to know about.

Comment

It was ok but yup, a bit like the Anniversary special it bounded about too much. It ties off many questions very easily but suffers as without a proper series to build up to it there's too much crammed into too little run time. The cliffhanger sucked as well as previous series with the Master show it'll be temporary. The wait begins for a fresh start.

Comment

Pretty annoyed at this. Smacks of Moffat wanting to create some extra tension for the last episode so he added in the war doctor and picked up a plot point from an old episode just to use up the 2 doctors they had left...

I fully expected them to make up a reason for more regenerations once they used up the 13 doctors but after Matt Smith, they still had 2 to go, Capaldi and unknown #13. Pretty annoyed actually. Other than that I think I enjoyed the episode.

Comment

“The Time Of The Doctor,” the BBC’s “Doctor Who” Christmas special, was both the most-watched drama and the second most-watched program in Britain yesterday. 8.29 million Brits tuned in, a 30.7% share, with a peak of 10.2 million viewers during the final minutes of the broadcast which saw Matt Smith’s regeneration into Peter Capaldi as […]

Got bumper viewing figures, now we have to wait till late 2014 for Series 8 to begin as Moffatt continues to give fans the run around

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
                    Pretty annoyed at this. Smacks of Moffat wanting to create some extra tension for the last episode so he added in the war doctor and picked up a plot point from an old episode just to use up the 2 doctors they had left...

I fully expected them to make up a reason for more regenerations once they used up the 13 doctors but after Matt Smith, they still had 2 to go, Capaldi and unknown #13. Pretty annoyed actually. Other than that I think I enjoyed the episode.
                    Its also possible though that they decided the show will probably not last out two more doctors which could easily be another 5 or 6 series. Fatigue will set in at some point (if it hasn't already) and it will disappear again for some time I would imagine.

For that reason it probably made sense to accelerate the story to ultimately end the show with the 13 regeneration being the 'last' as we know it.

I am sure they will work a work of rebooting the story, or in some way working out a way of giving the doctor another 13 generations (or possibly never ending), but the stories of late have all been designed with the end of the current Doctor Who run in mind.

I have no problems with it from that point of view, its had a bloody good run and has still been some of the best TV in the last 8 years. And given all the stories they have had to tie up I don't actually think they did that bad with the last two specials.

Comment

It certainly felt like it was serving Moffatts ego, it was the 50th Anniversary so pressure would be on to make it big and he also got to tell the story of the Doctor's final regeneration despite it not being time yet. Much of this years eps have felt like him bending the show to undo everything that T Davies set up. Since Moffat took over we've gone back to a point where the questions about the Doctors history can effectively be stopped, the Daleks and Cybermen are commonplace, the Time War storyline is over, Gallifrey is alive again and London is no longer a heavy focus. He's essentially turned it back into something closer to the show it once was but in doing so we've had some casualties such as at times narrative flow, proper scheduling to maintain viewerships, quality of elements such as Moffatts own creations the Weeping Angels etc. I get he loves the job but it's clearly not his main focus or the show wouldn't be split up, slid around the evenings, left for 18 months etc. It's time he reverted back to writing episodes and let someone else take charge.

We have a new Doctor at the start of a new 13 regeneration cycle, in likely a new look Tardis, on a new mission to restore Gallifrey. It needs to be run coherently and consistently to allow viewers time to get used to things and for the story to find its feet.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                        We have a new Doctor at the start of a new 13 regeneration cycle, in likely a new look Tardis, on a new mission to restore Gallifrey. It needs to be run coherently and consistently to allow viewers time to get used to things and for the story to find its feet.
                        I'm not so sure about the new 13 regeneration cycle (it's technically only a 12 regeneration cycle anyway.. thats the limit).. I know 12 did say that to a degree in the episode but i'm not sure (unless I missed a line, difficult to tell with the music blaring over the speech) it was meant like that. I read it as just one more regeneration as we all know that there was always going to only be 13 regenerations, as 'The Valeyard' is supposed to turn up between 12 and 13.

Comment

I took his uber Regen blast, the delayed change and Smith's reference to a reset to suggest a full new cycle however whichever it is it's still a mess. Given we're supposed to swallow Tenants cheat and Hurts entry as the reasons why Smiths Doctor has hit his limit it begs the question as to why River had to inhibit his ability to regenerate when she poisoned him in Series 6 and also how he started to regenerate when River shot him in the desert at the opener of the same series. Sloppy writing.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                            and also how he started to regenerate when River shot him in the desert at the opener of the same series. Sloppy writing.
                            But that wasn't actually the Doctor, it was a robot controlled by the Doctor... so not within the bounds of being able to make it "ape" some of the Doctor's characteristics, even looking like he was regenerating.
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

But wasn't it only a robot after the Doctor changed his own timeline hence the lack of regeneration effect in the series finale?

Comment

Doctor WhoProduction has begun in Cardiff on the eighth season of “Doctor Who,” the first to star Peter Capaldi in the role of The Doctor. Filming runs through until August ahead of a premiere in the Fall. In a sly cheat, the network has posted the first photo of Capaldi during his first full day […]

Filming has started on Series 8 and runs till August pretty much confirming the show has moved to an end of year timeslot.

Comment

Working...
                                X