No announcement yet.

Next Gen Im going Retro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly. DRM means you are renting a game really. I don't mind renting a game for rental prices :-)

Multiple digital outlets on PC too, including some DRM free ones. The modding peeps help keep games fresh too e.g. I can play Planescape Torment at 1920 x 1080 on my PC.

Comment

I have to admit, the more that the industry seems to be heading towards always-on connections, massive focus on the console being a 'media box', online 'presences', DRM, DLC, subscriptions etc., the harder I'm finding it to get excited.

Comment

It's not about gaming anymore, that's why.

Comment

I'm just not going to play games at all, I just can't raise enough of an interest in it any more. Max Payne 3 was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
            I'm just not going to play games at all, I just can't raise enough of an interest in it any more.
            Same here. In the past week I have taken up archery, cycling and swimming. I'll be like Rambo doing a triathlon. Way more interesting that Zombie Kill 76.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I practically have to force myself to switch a console on to play these days, as for some reason I think it's what I should be doing as it's been a big part of my life since I was a kid. Maybe it's an age thing, I have no idea. When I move back home in a few months I don't even want a TV in the house. I'll have a projector for when I fancy watching a film, and that's it. I'm not down on gaming as a pastime, it just no longer interests me enough to stay involved in it. I like the idea of games more than actually playing them, I know that sounds a bit strange though.

Comment

If I didn't like PlatinumGames' stuff I'd probably be doing other stuff whilst waiting for Nintendo stuff.

Comment

It's seriously because of over-saturation (Zombie Kill 76) and lack of innovation in-game. It's not a personal thing, it's just that there is too much **** coming out.

Next gen, same ****, just slightly better graphics.

Comment

I practically have to force myself to switch a console on to play these days, as for some reason I think it's what I should be doing as it's been a big part of my life since I was a kid. Maybe it's an age thing, I have no idea. I'm not down on gaming as a pastime, it just no longer interests me enough to stay involved in it. I like the idea of games more than actually playing them, I know that sounds a bit strange though.
                    Not at all. It's exactly how I feel and my Mom and Dad just paid almost ?30k for me to sit in a room and tell a woman this every day for 28 days, amongst other things.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'd have done that for ?12k. And it would have been funnier, with a better outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        I'd have done that for ?12k. And it would have been funnier, with a better outcome.
                        Aye...still have 18k left in pocket to spend on games.

Comment

Couldn't go retro only myself i'd just get too bored, already played an obscene amount of games to death through the years. Sure some are fun to go back to & revisit but having them as your only choice would eventually get dull. Saying that though the next gen so far has totally failed to get me excited, hell even nintendo has failed on that note.

This coming generation will be the most interesting yet, not for the new games but how companies try new tactics to squeeze the customer of every penny they have. It will be interesting to see how far they can push before theres a massive backlash, seems to be moving into the realm of trying to get you to shell out ?40 for what basically will be a bug filled unfinished rental, needing patch after patch to get properly working. Oh wait thats current gen

In the meantime, Nintendo where the hell is my new next gen chibi robo game?????

Comment

I think Joe & Colin should go cold turkey for say 3 to 6 months, then come back and take a fresh look. And im pretty sure i dont need to give some woman and institute 30K to tell her or her to find out im a little nuts.

Comment

I practically have to force myself to switch a console on to play these days, as for some reason I think it's what I should be doing as it's been a big part of my life since I was a kid. Maybe it's an age thing, I have no idea. When I move back home in a few months I don't even want a TV in the house. I'll have a projector for when I fancy watching a film, and that's it. I'm not down on gaming as a pastime, it just no longer interests me enough to stay involved in it. I like the idea of games more than actually playing them, I know that sounds a bit strange though.
                              That's a shame.

Does a nice PC Engine and Neo setup not even interest you? There is no reason you can't have it neatly setup and not use it for a year then come back and enjoy it.

I feel with gaming, we put pressure on ourselves to do and enjoy it and if we aren't we should be done with it. Well I now go weeks with little gaming then have bursts of it. I used to feel a bit pissed off that I had a lot of games on the shelves but now I know that I will play them, in my own time.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                                I think Joe & Colin should go cold turkey for say 3 to 6 months, then come back and take a fresh look. And im pretty sure i dont need to give some woman and institute 30K to tell her or her to find out im a little nuts.
                                Yeah, I'm feeling a little end-of-gen malaise too, not getting as excited as usual about stuff. But that usually happens for me, and it's always a good time to side-step from the gaming arms race and play some stuff you've missed out on (or just take a total break) until you get that 'eureka'/must-have moment and rejoin the fight...hehheh.

Comment

Working...
                                X