Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoshi being the DS one? That!

Comment

Yes, never got round to playing it. I ended up going for NSMB Wii while waiting for a reply but I just beat it, I'll play Yoshi's Island 2 tomorrow.

Comment

Okay, here's one. I have just finished Link's Awakening, my favourite Zelda game and one of my all time favourite games. I'm tempted to go for another but I'm aware I'm following one I adore and it could all go down hill from here. I'm aware I could get Zelda fatigue. I do want to replay the Oracle games but I'm tempted to wait until they hit the 3DS Store, as they'll look prettier on that than they will on my GBA SP or GBC. But then there's the original, the very first one. I have it on 3DS and have never actually played beyond a few screens. It always seemed aimless but I'll be honest and say I have never given it a chance. Should I? Or will it be tough going back that far? So do I...

A) Play the original NES Zelda.
        B) Play the Oracles games on GBA SP?
        C) Dig out some other Zelda game (Minish Cap? A DS one?)
        D) Take a break from Zelda and play something else, waiting for Oracles to hit 3DS?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          D) Take a break from Zelda and play something else, waiting for Oracles to hit 3DS?
          Play something entirely different then when the improved version of Oracles hit your gaming pallet will be cleansed and you can enjoy the full Zelda flavor again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Time to take a break. I went through both the 64 Zeldas one after the other and it became a chore so I ended up stopping half way through MM. Went back to it after a couple of years and I'm glad I did it that way.

Also, I'll be giving Outrun C2C a go tonight, Dogg, before I move onto Peace Walker.

Comment

Excellent. Peace Walker has its issues but it is massively better than Portable Ops and generally very enjoyable. And Outrun is awesome. Enjoy!

Yep, I think you guys are right. I should take a break from Zelda and then I'll get the most from those Oracles games when they hit 3DS. I'd love to play MM again actually. I really wish it was available on a handheld. I have the GC giveaway disc somewhere but can't for the life of me remember where it is. Wish they'd just do it for 3DS as they did a lovely job with OoT.

Comment

I fancy some pseudo-platformer action over Easter so do I complete Limbo or Bit.Trip Presents: Runner2?

Also want to spend some serious time with another fighting game, one below or open to other suggestions:

• Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
                • Skullgirls
                • Persona 4: Arena
                • King of Fighters XIII
                • Marvel vs. Capcom 2
                • Marvel vs. Capcom Origins
                • Darkstalkers Resurrection
                Last edited by Pikate; 28-03-2013, 17:31.

Comment

Third Strike is the only good game in that list.

Comment

As I am sure you are all interested I have decided to go with Sleeping Dogs. It will be nice change of pace after playing a real time/turn based RPG that is made in Japan and shares characteristics with other RPGs made in Japan as they all have a common feel to them and have done since the 90s.

Comment

Good choice! I'm really enjoying it and I'm just milling about, beating people up!

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
                        • Marvel vs. Capcom 2
                        If you like watching the screen practically explode whenever you do so much as a low jab play MvC 2.

Also, if you're into soft jazz you're in for a treat.

Others are too frustrating for me.

Avoid MvC origins!
                        Last edited by Kit; 30-03-2013, 18:53.

Comment

Haha I do like colourful OTT visuals actually

Not sure what "Soft Jazz" is? I like Miles Davis and Nina Simone though... You may have just sold MvC2 to me.

Just out of interest does anyone know how the Backbone Entertainment port of MvC2 for XBLA compares to it's Iron Galaxy/SFIII: 3rd Strike counterpart?

Comment

They're both fantastic ports.

Comment

Ahh thanks, I think SFIII on XBLA is great except the silly faux arcade cab/4:3/stretched nonsense. MvsC2 looks to be just a true 16:9 version which I'd prefer but the trial on XBLA is next to useless.

Comment

Playing mvc2 in 16:9 breaks the metagame anyway. Same for arcana heart. Just play 3s in 4:3 with smoothing off.

Comment

Working...
                                X