What to play next!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to play next!?

I thought I would start this thread to aid our brethren in deciding what game to play next.

First up is me.

Binary Domain ?6 @ Zavvi

Or

Deadly Premonition ?15 @ Zavvi

Or

Sleeping Dogs ?15 @ Zavvi

The one I choose will be the only one of the three I play as the next lot of gaming choices will be different due to new releases etc. For example the next lot of choices after this will include Tomb Raider, God of War and others so you can see why I will not re-visit the above any time soon. Due to a serious lack of gaming time one game will last me a month, so I have to be ruthless in my choices.

Use this thread if you have a similar dilemma to me. Too many games & not enough time.

Deadly Premonition.

Without a doubt one of the best games released this gen and is pretty close to a masterpiece. Kind of. Maybe.

Certainly a unique experience that became one of my all time favourite games.

Comment

If you have PS3, I'd wait for the Deadly Premonition Director's Cut which comes out this spring. It's supposed to have updated graphics, better controls (they are horrible in the original game) and many other fixes.

Comment

I'm wondering if I should get The Orange Box or Dishonored.

I picked up Portal 2 in the Game on Demand sale at ?8.99 and it's made me think I should pick up The Orange Box, mainly for Portal and Team Fortress 2 but Half Life 2 might be something I like too. Dishonored appeals to me in the sense of it being a Victorian Whale-Oil Punk game but not so much for the supernatural-ability/stealth/assassin bits so I'm leaning towards Orange Box, it just depends if Half Life 2 is more clever a game with Shrodinger/physics references like Portal or a formulaic Halo/Resistance Alien invasion thing? :/

Or there's always Option 3: Spend the time getting better at Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition until Bioshock Infinite comes out.

Comment

In such a short time-span you'd be wasting your time with SF.

Comment

Play Deadly Premontion on easy of you do. It's a chore to play but has an amazing cast and the best lead character ever.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              In such a short time-span you'd be wasting your time with SF.
              Well I'm fairly okay with SF, I can complete Arcade Mode on Normal with any character without a problem and Perfect or Ultra/Super finish every round. I would probably get my little ass handed to me if I ventured online but I could at least conquer a higher difficulty in the next two weeks?

Comment

Yeah I play SF a little bit nowadays. I'm happy to 1cc arcade mode on normal. I used to be major hardcore on the series but they last game I loved was Zero 1 and then Capcom vs SNK.

Comment

I guess so but playing an AI is fairly pointless as they have patterns. If you want to spend your time more wisely then spam ranked battle with your main.

I can do SSF AE on hardest with ease because I know the AI. Same deal with Third Strike (up until Gill at least) on 8/8 difficulty.

Comment

But it's fun.

Comment

To me beating an intelligence that can rival my own is fun.

Beating the same patterns day in and out isn't fun, at least not in comparison. Although I still love playing Third Strike in arcade mode.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        To me beating an intelligence that can rival my own is fun.

Beating the same patterns day in and out isn't fun, at least not in comparison. Although I still love playing Third Strike in arcade mode.
                        Yeah but I assume the patterns change as difficulties change? Plus I haven't consciously figured out the patterns yet so it's still fun (well aside from knowing I can always beat Seth by spamming throws and focus attacks). Plus non-veteran players online will surely have patterns? Blanka's "Shock", Adon's "Jaguar Tooth", Crouching Guile... I know in my friend's Tekken game I couldn't get very far unless I was the ginger Korean guy and mashed "∆" and he had no answer to that. Even in SF I sometimes revert to patterns (mainly with Makoto and Dudley but I'm pretty freestyle with Sakura and want to get equally good with Fei Long).
                        Last edited by Pikate; 11-03-2013, 00:48.

Comment

Anyone who hasn't played the Orange box deffinitley should. It was amazing value when it was new and it can be picked up for next to nothing now.

Amazing collection of games.

Portal and Half Life 2 are simply 2 of the best games ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
                            Yeah but I assume the patterns change as difficulties change? Plus I haven't consciously figured out the patterns yet so it's still fun (well aside from knowing I can always beat Seth by spamming throws and focus attacks). Plus non-veteran players online will surely have patterns? Blanka's "Shock", Adon's "Jaguar Tooth", Crouching Guile... I know in my friend's Tekken game I couldn't get very far unless I was the ginger Korean guy and mashed "∆" and he had no answer to that. Even in SF I sometimes revert to patterns (mainly with Makoto and Dudley but I'm pretty freestyle with Sakura and want to get equally good with Fei Long).
                            Of course there will be bad players online too but it gives you some chance to see what does and doesn't work.

Comment

Playing against the CPU is massively counter-productive. You're better off practicing in the training room with BnBs and safe jump set ups.

Comment

Working...
                              X