Timesplitters: Rewind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timesplitters: Rewind

A Crytek-authorised TimeSplitters game is in development for PC, built using the publisher's sparkly CryEngine 3. TimeS…

Fans and couple of original Free Radical devs are putting together this HD compilation of sorts using CryEngine 3 which Crytek has approved. The game aill come to PC and a demo is expected in December.

I imagine there will be some pleased gamers today.

Console versions and you have my money ... Considering Timesplitters was always a 'console' game it seems strange that it would be PC only for now. Shouldn't be too difficult to port though I wouldn't have thought.

Comment

The sooner that Yerli bell-end in charge of Crytek realises people want a full fledged new TS more than any more Cryses, the better. Maybe this is a 'test'...

Comment

Great news! and it's cool to hear Crytek giving this project the all clear. Can't wait to go through Timesplitters 2 again! - sod the splitscreen stuff, I loved the single player.

I just hope they don't take their foot off the pedal as the fans are helping out; hope it doesn't go the Black Mesa route being in development to the point where the engine has aged considerably.

Comment

PC? Ugggghhhhh. Consoles please.

Comment

How are you going to run a fan made crysis mod on a console?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post

Its not a mod ... Its using CryEngine .. You know the same one that Crysis 3 runs on ....

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                I just dont see the series connected to pc mouse and keyboard gaming, joypads, 4 mates, a sofa and a lot of monkeys with bowler hats, just personal preference thats all.

Although, all said and done, its much better this is coming out than not at all, at least brand new players will get to enjoy it, which is awesome and in fairness something that the consoles cant offer on projects like this due to the dev costs.

Comment

WiiU and yes. Loved 2 and 3 on the 'Cube.

Comment

Glad to see the series still has a pulse under Cryteks control but PC just doesn't make sense. Perhaps its a test release for next gen?

To be honest I can we how this could be a decent Wii U title!

Comment

It's coming to the PC because the PC is an open format. This is still an unofficial project, despite Crytek pledging not to oppose the project, and there's just no way to do such unofficial projects on closed platforms like consoles. Blame Sony and Microsoft for that one.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see if they stick to the stationary 'Goldeneye style' aiming (which is the perfect fps control scheme for controllers) or make it more of a run and gun game like Crysis. I would think that sort of aiming mechanic - stopping in place to pick your shots - will make the game incredibly easy on a mouse and keyboard. Only PC game I can think of where that sort of control system has been implemented is the Resi 4 mod.

Comment

It was the perfect control scheme for controllers with only one analog stick!

Comment

Console shooter wise, I prefer Goldeneye/Perfect Dark type aiming (where you stop to pick your shots) over the Halo and CoD control schemes. I tried to play CoD 3 round a friends over christmas and I found using 360 controller a mare for fps.

Comment

Well you must be the only one then because the 360 controller and the dual stick control scheme in general is a natural evolution from the original single stick goldeneye etc... had in place. It'll be interesting to see what they do with this.

I've loved the series throughout and have fond memories of playing the original at launch with a bunch of mates.

Comment

Working...
                              X