No announcement yet.

Capcom announce Duck Tales Remastered WOOOOooo by WayForward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That song is just brilliant, still makes me smile. Now if only they'd also release Goof Troop...

Comment

I didn't like NES DuckTales much. Enemies would respawn after dying, but items wouldn't, forcing you to finish the game on a single credit without dying once, in effect. For example, in the first level there's invincibility which allows you to bypass a tough section. If you die later and restart, the enemies return but the item doesn't, making it EXTREMELY difficult to get past. I discovered it's actually much easier just to reset the game than struggle on in situations like that. Makes you wonder why they even bothered giving you multiple lives.

Quackshot on the Mega Drive, on the other hand, that's a classic.

Comment

I remember DuckTales being one of the easiest and fun games of the NES. I remember Quakeshot being **** and boring, i had the us version when it came out.

Comment

Seen a few tweet from people that have played this today at some event and response has been rather positive.

Comment

awesome news

Comment

Duck Tales on the Nes was brilliant - top platforming fun with spot on controls a level design; the only problem was there wasn't enough of it & the boss sections were very easy. I'll be going for this for sure.

I remember one Christmas I received Super Mario 3 & my mate got Duck Tales; we spent days going through both games. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBeatBoy View Post
                I remember DuckTales being one of the easiest and fun games of the NES. I remember Quakeshot being **** and boring, i had the us version when it came out.
                Odd. I completed Quackshot several times, but I've never been able to finish even a single DuckTales level. Are we playing the same games? SMB3, Darkwing Duck, all manner of other platformers I found comparatively much easier.

EDIT:
                I've just wasted 30 minutes on that stupid Amazon level, repeatedly dying.

It forces you to reach the halfway checkpoint on a single life, because you NEED that invincibility potion to clear the spikes, bees and flytraps. Without it you lose at least one energy point, and you need ALL THREE to reach the checkpoint. Assuming you get past it, there are several sticking points:

1) The first big vertical climb, with two flytraps at the top and a bee. I leap off the vine, and always, always, always get hit by the bee. You can't avoid him! The passage is too low to leap over him, and you can't duck under. So, one point down, two left.

2) After grabbing Launchpad's rope on his gyrocopter, it's impossible to avoid the incoming bee. You have two options. Leap prematurely and fall to your death, or take the pain and let it hit you.

One more hit and it's GAME OVER MAN.

So you make the leap, and are down to a single energy point. Next comes some serious HARDCORE platforming, avoiding bees and flytraps. On a good day I can scrape by using my last energy point, and reach the halfway checkpoint with Launchpad. Then I kill myself and restart with full health.

What comes next is an arduous run through spiky passages chased by boulders, spear wielding ducks, and giant spiders. If I'm good I can reach the boss with one, maybe two energy points.

Now here comes the funny thing: jumping on his head with a walking stick attack damages both him AND YOU.

I have never beat this boss. I'm playing on an actual NES, a US 60Hz toaster model. Standard controller.
                Last edited by Sketcz; 26-03-2013, 08:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                  Now here comes the funny thing: jumping on his head with a walking stick attack damages both him AND YOU.

I have never beat this boss. I'm playing on an actual NES, a US 60Hz toaster model. Standard controller.
                  Is that the Inca head statue? If so, cane bouncing on him shouldn't hurt you - 4 or 5 bounces & he's toast.

Comment

can't wait!!!!!!

Comment

Is there a date for this. I used to complete this all the time back in the day on the NES. Always made me happy.

Strangley though I never played Ducktales 2. Is this just as good? A HD collection of these and Chip n Dale would be superb.

Comment

Unsurprisingly the average source material is garnering average reviews, or and for a change the fanboys are out in the force slagging the reviews.

The latest video game news, reviews and features from the team at Edge Magazine. Subscribe here today.

It looks pretty fun so these low scores do look a touch harsh but it was hardly a classic in 1989.

Comment

I used to absolutely love it, played it endlessly to an obscene level back in the day but despite the refresh its ultimately a NES game so the average reviews are probably about right. I'd like a playthrough but no way I'm paying what they're charging

Comment

I remember getting it for my Gameboy one Xmas when I was a kid, what a brilliant use of the monochrome screen it was. Really want to play the HD version but think I will wait until its in a sale, quite expensive at the moment. Really hope they go on and remake The Lucky Dime Caper and Quackshot

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                              I used to absolutely love it, played it endlessly to an obscene level back in the day but despite the refresh its ultimately a NES game so the average reviews are probably about right. I'd like a playthrough but no way I'm paying what they're charging
                              You could tell them to duck off, or that the price is Quackers.

baboom tish, im here all week try the fish

Comment

Average reviews mean they didn't change the core mechanics. The game wasn't among the best when it was released and if its largely untouched outside of the visuals then its obviously going to get hammered here and there. I think this works best for people with rose tinted glasses. Might end up purchasing this one, myself.

Although i'm more into that Castle of Illusion remake.

Comment

Working...
                                X