No announcement yet.

I joined NTSC-uk/BD 10 years ago today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join Date: 09-03-2003 for me. Think i got linked over from the old wireplay forums

Comment

March 8th '03 was when i joined the new forum, was on the previous one before that. Can't believe it's been 10 years already, seen & experienced so much gaming fun since then, importing is nothing new been doing that since the first mono gameboy days but finding people who liked playing import stuff was what drew me here originally.

Due to this forum made quite a few good friends, also had a blast meeting up at various gaming meets at Crisp rappers place, ahh the delights of 4 player donkey konga & many battles on Naruto gekitou ninja taisen on gamecube. The one at Daves place in Burnley was rather memorable too, couple of us brought our freshy imported wiis, so got to enjoy it on a huge screen. I remember chaoticjelly's starfox 2 cart & the fun of been able to play it on real hardware & projected onto a huge screen.

Good times

Comment

I was twelve years old 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          I was twelve years old 10 years ago.
          And nothing has changed

Comment

07-04-2003 for me on this version. Can't remember how long I'd been on before.

Comment

Only seven years for me but I'm *still* buying those PS2, Xbox1 and GC games and still have a huge backlog to get through (just like I did on day 1 here).

Comment

I joined on the 9th march too!
                Did the forum just get created around then?

Comment

must have. a few people have mentioned a move over from another forum so i guess we must have all moved then

Comment

Cool! I think I was march 2003 too. I was called Bugaboo on the old forums and went with CS when Neil started hosting on the domino.org server. Still visit regularly, but not gaming as much these days.

Comment

Yeah, there was a phpbb version before the vbulletin one I think, so lots of people got the same date when they signed up again.

Comment

Originally posted by muddy View Post
                        I've been a blue since they introduced it, but didn't get a reminder about it cancelling? thanks for reminding me :P
                        Heh! I should get commision!

Comment

Yeah this is an awesome forum guys. I rely on the expertise here even though I'm from Finland. I don't know why I joined initially and the bulk of my 'contributions' have been during the past years. There are Finnish forums where gamers know their stuff, which surprised me initially, but this place is just more appealing. It also gives me a chance to interact with you British types. You lot ain't so bad! thanks a lot for much help! nice community here all around.

Comment

25/5/2003 was when I joined, I was on the Edge forums before that for a couple of years before they got closed down then I joined here and rllmuk. I used to be active more on rllmuk than here but thats changed in recent years as I got fed up with the constant cynicism and negativity, this place is much nicer and friendly.

Comment

I don't post on Rllmuk. I am clearly annoying but they step over the line all the time. It's just boring reading it.

Comment

06 for me.

I stumbled across the site while searching for Dreamcast games as ntsc-uk had the best screenies. ;p

Only really got into importing when I joined and learned about stuff like the 50hz/60hz issue, which resulted in me selling my decent sized PAL collection.

7 years on and I'm just about moving on from the DC.

just...
                                Last edited by Kit; 24-03-2013, 11:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X