I joined NTSC-uk/BD 10 years ago today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
    25/5/2003 was when I joined, I was on the Edge forums before that for a couple of years before they got closed down then I joined here and rllmuk. I used to be active more on rllmuk than here but thats changed in recent years as I got fed up with the constant cynicism and negativity, this place is much nicer and friendly.
    Hehe you remember that Ste-edge chap? The Internet was freaking scary back then!

Comment

It turns out that I also joined just a little over 10 years ago, 18-03-2003 to be exact! I can't remember which forum I came from (if any). At the time I joined I guess the I was mainly an import gamer with a switched US cube & still picking up the shmup releases on Dreamcast. Nowadays, I'm not really an import gamer, nowhere near how I used to be and the wallet is thankful of that. But I still have a Japanese Xbox 360. I'm sure that like many on here from the early days, there aren't too many left who still actively import releases and have been "converted" to PAL by factors such as 60hz and the disappearance of borders, "almost simultaneous" release dates. And the biggest factor ...... price drops shortly after release.

As far as the forum goes, I guess I consider myself more of a "lurker" than a "poster". I enjoy reading other peoples views. Long may it continue!

Comment

I joined in the early part for 2005 as it turns out, and i was very happy of to joined

Comment

29-06-2004 for me... nearly ten years. Madness!

Comment

Yep 10 years here too

Comment

Only half a decade for me!
              Think i came looking for some zelda gc rarity.
              Dont post a lot but love reading about all the games I still have to play!

Comment

:-)

Lots of old-timers! I joined April 2002, so my 11th year is only a few days away! Started as my trading forum... and eventually fell in love with the people here.

Managed to go to three Ntsc-uk gaming dos, would be amazing to do another at some point to see how people have changed over all these years. I do miss Marcus and Treble and Mr. B.

I don't contribute nearly as much as I used to sadly, I'm more of a boring lurker nowadays... Lots has changed... for better and for worse however ultimately bordersdown remains the better, if not the best gaming forum around. To still be such a pleasant place to hang out (well, for the most part... people will always be people!), that's quite an impressive feat.

Charles, you deserves some form of medal.
                Last edited by Adam Stone; 24-03-2013, 10:33.
                ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

I was a member of the old forums too and came across when the servers changed. Such exciting times for import gaming, shame theJapanese game industry is on its arse.

Comment

I've just put up a GT3 review - when the forum started, most of the arguments were about the DC and if it could do GT3 or not.

Winning 11 5 review next

Comment

I didn't even have the internet until 2006!

Comment

I've never been a big poster , I seem to get less time the older I get ! However I still hold a grudge from 10 years ago buying a sealed mint N64 CBFD fom here with game saves on the cart !!! I laugh now but at the time rage and fury LOL

Comment

Early December 2001 here, I came around looking for an answer to my Cube issue, found the solution myself, and chose to stay

Anyone still here (Charles?) who joined before I did?
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I joined NTSC-UK way back on 1st May 2003. Back then I was collecting Saturn and dreamcast. Pretty much near the end of collecting for those systems now but I am still collecting for the Mega Drive and SFC.

Comment

I joined NTSC-UK in 2005. And Incest Anonymous in the same year. Where I met my sister. It was awkward.

Comment

2006 for me. Wandered over when the Videogame Imports (VGI owned by Lee) forum went down. Only ever posted on VGI or here as I am not much of an forum goer.

I really like the range of people though, I think there is a good balance of views and of course excellent knowledge of past and present games.

I Need to contribute more gaming impressions though.

Comment

Working...
                                X