Recommend me some good PC two-player co-op games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me some good PC two-player co-op games

As the title says. Looking for some two-player co-op frolics on PC. Preferably through Steam, but not essential. Bonus prizes for cheap, but quality titles too.

Alien Swarm is a good laugh and is on steam for free. Its a top down shooter.

Comment

local coop I assume?

Trine, lego anything, sonic racing transformed (kind of coop if you play nice), serious sam, fifa etc, borderlands/left 4 dead (though i think it requires some faffing around).

Comment

Ah sorry. Online co-op.

Comment

As mentioned, Alien Swarm is an absolute blast. Very short but damn good fun with friends, and it's free which you can't argue with.

Magicka is another great game where hilarity often ensues and I think it's Steam only:

Rainbow Six Vegas is supposed to be pretty awesome in co-op - going to be buying it in the next steam sale solely because of this.

Another decent one (though I've only heard this second hand) is Judge Dredd vs Death (which can be had for pennies on Steam). It's apparently a bit on the terrible side, but a fun one to play with friends:

Killing Floor. Sorry, people are probably sick of me mentioning it but it's insane 6 player co-op. Yes, the graphics are crap by todays standards, but just check it out:

Sooo much fun. Best weapon feedback I've encounter too - the super shotgun in this is all kinds of awesome.

Also, the Max Payne style slow motion lasts longer if you pull off a few head shots in a row.
          Last edited by Kit; 28-03-2013, 19:42.

Comment

The Cave is pretty fun
            Castle Crashers is on Steam
            I've not tried it yet but apparently Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is pretty fantastic co-op

Comment

Jazz Jackrabbit!

Comment

Left 4 Dead 2. Presuming you don't have it on consoles. Plus the PC version is the better option anyway. Plenty of people still play it online too.

As mentioned Killing Floor is worth a look as well.
                Last edited by rmoxon; 28-03-2013, 22:58.

Comment

I've now realised what I am looking for. As already suggested, I love Rainbow Six Vegas Terrorist Hunt mode. Are there any other good shooters out there that have this slow paced, intense, tactical flavour?

Comment

Have you tried Hidden & Dangerous 2??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_%26_Dangerous_2

It's one of my fave PC games & it does have a Multiplayer option but I've never played it that way.
                    Could be pretty interesting as it's a damn good tactical based game

Neil

Comment

Hoolak, I have a demo code for Killing Floor if you want it.

Also it's part of the Humble Weekly Bundle right now.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                        I've now realised what I am looking for. As already suggested, I love Rainbow Six Vegas Terrorist Hunt mode. Are there any other good shooters out there that have this slow paced, intense, tactical flavour?
                        Not first person, but have a look at Ghost Recon: Future Soldier:

Good fun!

I'd say if you were after a more tactical game go back to SWAT 4:

Might be a swine to get running and it's pretty damn old but I recall it being solid.

The more 'realistic' option is ARMA 2, but I think the third one is out soon so might be wise to wait if you want more bells and whistles:

Comment

I've got a free code for the Arma 3 alpha if you want it.

Comment

Cool. I'll take those codes, kryss and fsw!

Comment

Microsoft issues a completely none anything none denial nonsense PR crap statement then: http://majornelson.com/2013/04/05/of...aid-yesterday/

Comment

Working...
                              X