No announcement yet.

PTE36: Playstation Vita - One Year On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great machine. Never play it. But then I never played my ds or 3ds or games on my phone or tablet either so I haven't voted.

Comment

I got mine shortly after the JP launch, and I still think the hardware's great. The software library isn't massive, but there's enough games on there for me to be happy with it (how much time I actually spend playing them is another matter).

I do feel like Sony's quite happy to watch it flounder and die though, which is disappointing. The only really positive thing they've done for it is to bring PS+ to it, but at the current rate it wouldn't surprise me if by the end of the year they ran out of games to offer. Anyone with a PS3 and PS+ that's been sensible about 'buying' all of the titles would have to be mad not to grab a Vita and just dine out on the freebies - so far you'd have Uncharted, Wipeout, Lumines, Gravity Rush, MGS HD collection and Virtue's Last Reward, which is a great line-up.

Soul Sacrifice, Dragon's Crown, and Oboro Muramasa are my current anticipated titles, but I wish Namco would localise either of the Tales games (Innocence / Hearts).

Comment

Got a day 1 JPN unit and love it. PlayStation + has just made the experience better.

There is a great variety of software on the system and recent release like Sly / Persona along with upcoming software like Soul Sacrifice and Killzone show that it still has life in it.

Comment

I don't even think the hardware is that good. The only games that look really amazing on that awesome screen are fighters. The rest still suffer from jaggies and low frame rates. Still, the main reason I don't have one is lack of interesting games for it. Persona 4 I love but finished it already on PS2.

Comment

Sine Mora and Rayman look amazing on it but yeah, some titles don't look as good on that screen as the PSP game Killzone Liberation does on there.

Comment

Forgot about Killzone. For the first handheld system to ever be workable for FPS games, Sony sure have done a great job of making sure there aren't any worth playing on it (not counting Stranger's Wrath). If Killzone turns out to be another rushed, sub-App Store ****fest like Resistance and CoD I will be disappointed but unsurprised. Black Ops Declassified was a genuine insult to Vita owners, I have rarely been so angry as when I booted that game up for the first and last time.

Comment

Love mine but I have to admit to being a bit disappointed about the power of the GPU. Textures look flat and more often than not, sub native resolution. Ps4 streaming is highly interesting for my part.

Comment

Working...
                X