Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will Nintendo's next handheld be like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The future:

Comment

I LOVE IT.

Comment

I'd like to see Nintendo ditch handhelds and concentrate solely on TV gaming. But I guess the opposite is more likely.

Comment

I think it will be like an iPad that folds in half. There will be no gap between the the screens once unfolded. All the buttons will be virtual, but games will come with individual stick on tactile controls.

Comment

It'll be, like, AWESOME!!!

Comment

I'd love to see a 10" gaming device. Obviously this wouldn't be suitable to your pocket, but then neither is the 3DSXL really.

Basically something like this but with a 10" screen...

I rarely take my DS or PSP out with me anyway in my pocket...I need to carry a phone, I can't carry 2 devices, that's just too cumbersome. As an everyday gaming device, Sony hit the nail on the head with the Xperia Play. I love it....phone and handheld all in one!!! I just play my DS and PSP at home...that's why I'd love a 10" screen.

Comment

I'm the opposite. I adore my GBA Micro and it is the absolute handiest handheld ever made. And games look great on its tiny screen. I'd love a similar device with a bit more power for fancier games (at the screen size, awesome power would be wasted) and also access to back catalogues of games. For example, I just played Link's Awakening on my 3DSXL. Would have been as good on Micro but with the neat size.

Go smaller, not bigger!

Weird that the Micro is actually called the Gameboy Micro (without the Advance tag) and yet lost the ability to play Gameboy games.

Comment

I'd completely forgot about the Micro!

Maybe you could look into some of these Android mini handhelds from China, Dogg Thang if you want something a little more powerful and open ended. Though I think the smallest I've seen is a 3" screen sadly in your case, so that's probably a little big. Just an idea for you.

Comment

Not a bad suggestion at all. I'll look into those, cheers!

Comment

Also...I used to have a Korean console called the GP32 (still have it actually). It was amazing at the time. Predating the PSP and DS. Just checked, and the 2nd to latest version had a 2.8" screen and was reasonably dinky. Something to check out:

Just above the Micro below:

ps. Sorry for taking the thread off topic.

Comment

How about this little device, http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Andro...ws.asp?c=49828

Comment

Looks good. Would be interested in a generic 10" version to fit all tablets.

Comment

Working...
                          X