Timeless XBOX (orginal) Games...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeless XBOX (orginal) Games...

I'm building up my XBOX collection, both 360 and Original.

It's got me thinking about what games on the original XBOX will remain timeless? Games that you will always go back to, regardless of how technology advances. Whether that be for nostalgia, or simply because it is a great game regardless of how it looks or plays.

I think answers on this thread will be few and far between. For me, the XBOX represents an age when power and graphical ability was at the forefront of a lot of games. They were marvels back then, but now they look dated. You can't really say that with the 16bit generation as sprites and 2D will always have a place, whereas the 3D centric games of the XBOX era will fade eventually and actually look more dated than anything on the Snes for example.

So...what games on the original XBOX will you go back to?

For me, with the primary reason:

Star Wars Kinights of the Old Republic (story).
    Fable (story).
    Fuzion Frenzy (nostalgic multiplayer).
    Halo (nostalgia mainly)
    Halo 2 (nostalgia mainly)
    Jet Set Radio
    Any of the Silent Hills.

Strangers Wrath.

Great game with a novel weapon system. Graphically probably wouldn't look too out of place these days either.

Comment

Rallisport Challenge 2
      Panzer Dragoon Orta
      PGR2 (nostalgia for when people on live were a friendly bunch)

Comment

Galleon, I really loved that game and it never got released for anything else.

Comment

XIII (Perhaps because of the cel shading style) I actually rated it as a great FPS. Some diversity thrown in too.
          (completed it on xbox/cube and PS2)

Comment

Manhunt? It will age in certain mechanical terms, but given that it was not superseded by part 2 and is unlikely to get a further sequel, this remains the best example of the series. The fact that the graphics date in a sense only adds to the grungy appeal. The use of the headset has to be experienced.

Comment

I still love Burnout 3 on Xbox. It is graphically perfect and I still think it is better than Paradise.
              This is pretty much the only native game I play on the Xbox 1.

Comment

Steel Battalion - Unique game, hardcore as they come.
                Full Spectrum Warrior - Again unique amongst military shooters, especially the hidden authentic mode.
                Last edited by Brad; 18-04-2013, 13:24.

Comment

Pretty much all the early Sega stuff.

Comment

Halo remains one of the best FPS's ever made & as there's no online, you're forced to play multi player around the same screen with 4 mates. Some of my best gaming memories are with Halo, me & my brother playing Co-Op almost every day for 2 years & my mates 18th birthday party where we had a link up 8 player all nighter.

Also the original Xbox had some great racers, Project Gotham Racing 2 has one of the best single player experiences in racers and Moto GP 2 has the most sublime bike handling model.

Although the console is a little antiquated in my eyes, simply because the 360 updated a lot of those games, it has so many good memories.

Much like the reason to buy a N64 was because of Mario 64, the Xbox has Halo. Such a perfect game.

Comment

Ninja Gaiden Black

Comment

for me it was Halo/Halo 2, Gunvalkirie and Panzer Orta, those were the games that got the most playtime when i had my Xbrick.

still go the games mind you, so may get an other console just to give em a play.

Comment

I think the XBox is overlooked underrated classic console

Some of the games I still play today would be

Conkers - 1 of the best Platform games and the game looks as good as most modern day Platform games

Outrun 2006 - A Joy to play

Kung Fu Chaos - Better than any of the Powerstone games and another X-Box game that to this day looks stunning

Orta -

JSRF- Much better than JSR and again a XBox that still holds up

Mech Assualt II - Just love blowing and smashing things up

Ninja Gaiden - Utter perfection

Riddick - Looks and plays brilliant to this day

Rallisport II

Sega GT Online - One of the best racers around and still the best 5.1 sound racer I've played

MM III - Miss fun games like this

Fable - Best in the series and the Gfx and music still hold up

Galleon - Overlooked classic with a charming story and great voice acting and sounds amazing in 5.1

O.TO.GI 1&2 - For me better than any of the DMC games

Phantom Dust - Now I just play the game to marvel at what great graphics and sound the XBox had to offer

Breakdown - Overlooked by many, but its a great FPS game imo

Comment

The only game on the original xbox that made me want to jump on board was the one with the cat who could freeze time.

Comment

Outrun 2 and 2006 and Jet set Radio Future stand out to me. Come to think of it Black was a game I spent many hours on too as it has some really well designed levels.

Also played local link up Halo for the first time ever.......proper good.

Comment

Working...
                              X