No announcement yet.

Tottenham Hotspur FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, win or lose I think it's a really good tie for us. As you both said it's a great test for the team to see how far we've come, our players get experience against a very good team, and we've got a decent chance of going through if we play at our best. Imagine the confidence boost for the rest of the season if we do manage to win!

I've seen some comments by Dortmund fans on their forums and they've been reacting identically to all the Spurs fans I've read: they think it's the hardest tie they could have got but are looking forward to what should be two great matches. They seem to be as excited as we are which is a nice compliment.

Definitely the most exciting tie we've had in Europe since our season in the Champions League. Three important league games to get through before the first leg though, so fingers crossed we can be going into the match on the back of some good league results.

Comment

Yay! A 2-1 win against Swansea even if from what I've heard and read we didn't do it easily.

But yet again Spurs prove that now they have the confidence and ability to come back after going a goal down. That is new this season and very welcome.
      Last edited by fallenangle; 28-02-2016, 22:30.

Comment

We actually played really, really well today. Played some lovely football, created a load of chances, it was relentless stuff at times. The only problem was that Fabianski decided to have one of the games of his career today as well! Thought it might be one of those days as we just couldn't get past him; the save he made from Eriksen's free kick in the second half was amazing.

Thankfully there was no panic, the team just kept playing the same way, kept creating chances and eventually we made the breakthrough that we deserved. A very important win! Previous Spurs sides may have let their heads dropped after seeing so many chances saved, but this team seems to just keep going and going.

Wednesday and Saturday are going to be big matches!

Comment

Wow, one thing Poch has installed in this team in two seasons is the ability to keep going when behind. I've just read a stat that we've won 17 points this season after going behind, which is more than any other team; i'm pretty sure the stats were similar last year. So unSpursy!

Massive couple of games this week. Feel like a win and a draw would be a fantastic return, though of course I'm hoping and praying for two wins. Leicester have what looks to be a generous run of games - West Brom (H), Watford (A), Newcastle (H), Crystal Palace (A) - although it won't prove to be that easy, that is definitely a very winnable four games.

And, not sure whether this will prove to be a good thing with next Sat in mind, but Arsenal are getting a good old kicking on the net and social media. Pundits are saying today's performance was spineless, their fans seem determined to say that not winning the title when your only competition is Leicester and Tottenham is downright embarrassing. Hmmm....let's hope one of Leicester and Spurs win it then!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyDA View Post
            Hmmm....let's hope one of Leicester and Spurs win it then!
            Totally, I would prefer Leicester as it's so out of the blue, but could live with it being Spurs quite easily, as long as it's not Arsenal I'll be happy. Not evening including Man City in the mix at present.

Any of you Spurs fans have a bet in them winning the league at the start of the season?

Comment

At the start of each season I bet a fiver on us to win each competition we're in... except the league where I bet a fiver on us to finish top four

Still, even if I had bet on us to win the league, I'd give that bet up in a heartbeat in exchange for us actually doing it!

Comment

Leicester drawing this evening has given us the chance to close on them again. Just hope we don't blow it tomorrow. In our matches against West Ham you can never guess how it is going to go. Could be a hard game if they're up for it. A 2 - 0 win for us would be a good result.

Comment

We go top of the league if we win... I think this is the point where I start feeling slightly sick before matches

Comment

I was feeling sick last night! Just watching the end of the BT Sport coverage of Bournemouth vs Southampton, when they showed the league table, brought it home.

Potentially top of the table with ten games remaining. How very unSpursy! 😀😀. Mind you, I reckon a draw might be the best we can hope for tonight.

Comment

I work about a mile from Boleyn ground, reckon you could nick a win tonight unless West Ham really are on top form.

The title really is there for the taking this year.

Comment

Bugger. We thought this would be a tough one and so it proved to be. Apparently we were pretty poor in the first half, then much improved in the second but couldn't find an equaliser. The only silver lining being that Arsenal somehow managed to lose at home to Swansea and Liverpool beating Man City.

A shame we couldn't take advantage of Leicester slipping up but we're still second. We won six in a row in the league before this so the run would have to end at some point. Fingers crossed we can bounce straight back with a win in that slightly important match on Saturday!

Comment

Yeah, bit of a funny night tonight, drawing yesterday doesn't look quite so bad now...!
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Very important weekend coming up for all teams before the break.

Imagine if Man City don't even make top four too. Mr Guardiola won't be too impressed.

Comment

Just saw the highlights on MotD - damn. Opportunity wasted but as EJG1980 said mitigated by the other results tonight.

The Arsenal match is a definite must not lose that's for sure and if somebody can put a proper spanner in Leicester's works a draw against Arsenal would still be OK.

Comment

Lol. Does anybody actually want to win the 2015/2016 FA Premier League?

Comment

Working...
                                X