No announcement yet.

Tottenham Hotspur FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shame we couldn’t nick third seeing as Chelsea drew, but in the grand scheme of things I’m not going to lose any sleep over it. Top four and a Champions League final to come? Yup, I’ll take that! Plus, getting fourth this season now means that Poch has to get first next season to complete his set of all top five finishing positions with us

Kind of a strange season, but in the end it’s been a very good one considering the circumstances. Even without the injuries and stadium shenanigans, I'd have been happy with what we've achieved (so far!) this season.

Regardless of what happens in Madrid, I’m very proud of what the players and manager have done this season. A fourth season in a row at Europe’s top table next year; even five or six year ago I wouldn’t have expected that, and it’s light years away from where the club were when I started supporting them. Throw in a Champions League final on top of that too! It's an amazing time to be a Spurs fan.

Comment

Everton fans today - singing ‘we’re going to have a party, when Tottenham win the Cup...’ lol.

Today’s kind of performance is what, in a perfect world, we’ll eradicate next season - an early goal, a few half chances, but lots of slow passing, no major urgency. Then, in the second half, ah...the opposition have turned up.

Some lovely moments though. The cheer for Moura as the line ups were announced was amazing, and he responded with an almost embarrassed wave - how good must that kind of thing feel? Sissoko was very good, as was KWP I thought.

Comment

Blimey, buying tickets for the screening is a complicated business.

Ideally, I want three tickets - me (One Hotspur + Member), my partner (One Hotspur Member) and his brother (not a member/ST holder). They're available at the moment only to ST holders (understandably), before a 24hr window for OH+ members on Wednesday, then available to OH members on Thursday. The website mentions a guest window and that there will be no general sale. The only way I could try and get the three of us tickets together would be to wait until a guest window - but the web site gives no idea of when that will be. By the time you wait, you could lose the chance to buy one ticket or two together....let alone three.

Modern world problems lol....

Comment

It's always a bit tough getting seats together when you want to go with people who aren't One Hotspur members. There's no real way for the club to do it any differently though, as you've obviously gotta let the season ticket holders and various membership levels all have their turn first. I dunno if they could do some kind of system where you reserve a guest seat in advance so it doesn't get sold, but that might get a bit complicated and messy to administer.

I think you'll just have to get two together in the middle of an empty row and hope nobody buys both tickets either side of you! If you can manage to get the guest ticket in the same row at least, you might be lucky and be able to get one of the people next to you to swap their seat.

Comment

I remember that before the delays the opening, Mayhem was asking about the NFL matches at the new stadium, and there's been a bit of an update on the NFL web site with prices for the upcoming matches:

"Season ticket sales for the two games at the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will go on sale from 10am BST, 6 June until 10pm BST, 10 June 2019. By becoming a season ticket holder for our games at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, you will have access to a range of exclusive benefits including:

- Pay only one booking fee per season ticket package at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
            - Have the option to purchase via direct debit and spread the cost across two monthly payments
            - A voucher for a 25% discount at Europe.NFLShop.com per season ticket sold*
            - Be at the head of the queue to renew your NFL tickets at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in 2020

All NFL season tickets for Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will go on sale via www.eticketing.co.uk/NFL with a ticket limit of 6 per account holder."

Comment

The NFL pitch got an airing a few days ago too, as the grass pitch was rolled under the south stand:

Comment

Originally posted by EJG1980 View Post
                I remember that before the delays the opening, Mayhem was asking about the NFL matches at the new stadium, and there's been a bit of an update on the NFL web site with prices for the upcoming matches:
                Yeah just been catching up with it now, thanks! What’s most galling is no priority for existing season holders, and they are essentially splitting things into two season tickets, one for each stadium. So everyone will be gunning for seats when things open next month. The website is definitely going to crash again *roll eyes*
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Just one more day of work to go and then it's Champions League Saturday!

Not getting nervous at all....

Comment

Originally posted by TonyDA View Post
                    Just one more day of work to go and then it's Champions League Saturday!

Not getting nervous at all....
                    Yes, wild mood swings between "Spurs in the CL final, this is the most excited I've ever been!!!!!" and "Agh, with luck I'll fall into a short term coma and wake up after it's done, I can't take the tension!!!!!"

How did you do with getting tickets for the screening at the stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by EJG1980 View Post
                      How did you do with getting tickets for the screening at the stadium?
                      In the end, I didn't. I looked last Saturday and there plenty of singles/twos but not many threes together - and some of them were towards the back of the stand. I was then concerned that the view wouldn't be great - and, at the end of the day, I want to watch the game. I then spoke to my brother in law who was more 'I don't have BT Sport and want somewhere to watch it...' so when I suggested he drive down to ours, watch the game, have a drink and stay over, it was clear he wasn't bothered about actually going. So that's what we went for!

So it's beer, pizza and (god, I hope) shouting at the TV, cheering and running up and down the living room when they score the winner. And crying, in all probability - I mean, who'd want to do that in a stadium surrounded by strangers?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyDA View Post
                        so when I suggested he drive down to ours, watch the game, have a drink and stay over, it was clear he wasn't bothered about actually going. So that's what we went for!

So it's beer, pizza and (god, I hope) shouting at the TV, cheering and running up and down the living room when they score the winner. And crying, in all probability - I mean, who'd want to do that in a stadium surrounded by strangers?
                        Doing the same here; me, my dad, older brother, younger brother, younger sister, family of Spurs fans watching it together. Fingers crossed we will be scaring the **** out of the cats with our celebrations just like we did in the previous two rounds! Sorry cats

BT are showing the final for free via Youtube (which I believe they've done for the past couple few years) so for anyone without BT Sports, that's the best alternative for seeing the match.

Comment

Thanks for that info, greatly appreciated.

The most significant match they've played in my lifetime or at least that I can remember. Looking forward to it but hoping Spurs don't do their usual slow, over-cautious start, make a mistake and have to play catch up for most of the match.

I really believe if Good Spurs turn up right from the first whistle and play a high intensity, pressing game it could rock Liverpool enough to break them.

COYS.

Comment

This is a lovely little video put together by BT Sport - a 'No Filter' highlights reel of our Champions League run this season. All the goals, many from different camera angles to those we ever see in the broadcast, and the odd shot of Gary, Rio and Glenn celebrating a goal or two.

It's 23 mins long and the first user comment I can see on the YouTube page sums it up perfectly: 'Hats off to whoever put this together, captured all the feelings from those nights, my heart is thumping after watching it.'

(i've watched it three times today already. Sad, I know...but I don't care)
                            Last edited by TonyDA; 31-05-2019, 18:46.

Comment

Damned disappointing game in so many ways.

Dominated possession but ridiculously slow build up that often fizzled out in the final third. I know the heat probably had a part to play but that is why I suggested a high pressing game from the start was what was needed. Liverpool were poor throughout and there for the taking but Spurs just didn't seem to have the energy or guile to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

HK - wasted having him on the pitch at the start, clearly not match sharp. Taking off Winks, probably our best player was another mistake. I'd have subbed Eriksen who was completely anonymous and clearly off form doing practically nothing throughout the game.

Just so frustrating to know that winning it was really a genuine possibility, Liverpool were far from their best but so were we.

Comment

Just agree with all the above. What a frustrating performance and playing Kane was a major mistake - or, at least, leaving him in for the whole game. Lost to a great Liverpool team who played really poorly.

Comment

Working...
                                X