No announcement yet.

Tottenham Hotspur FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to the under 18s game against Southampton today, what a magnificent stadium, well worth the wait, photos definitely don't do it justice. It somehow manages to feel like White Hart Lane while still being far bigger and more modern. The Legends game next week should be great and then the Palace game is going to be off the charts! It's so bloody nice to be back home again

Comment

Been watching various instagram feeds today....new stadium looks incredible. The view of the single tier stand, from outside the ground..wow. Can't wait for the game next week.

I'm a member so am going to try and get a ticket for Palace when they go on sale tomorrow. Am not too hopeful - can't see there being many tickets and the site is bound to get hammered. Must try though!

Comment

Fair play to you guys.

Your new stadium looks super impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyDA View Post
          I'm a member so am going to try and get a ticket for Palace when they go on sale tomorrow. Am not too hopeful - can't see there being many tickets and the site is bound to get hammered. Must try though!
          I think there will be roughly 8,000 tickets per match on sale to members so, yeah, especially for the Palace match, it's gonna be a scramble getting one! All you can do is log on, watch the ring of death, and hope for the best. Good luck!

(PS - just in case you didn't know, One Hotspur Plus members get access to a small amount of the tickets a day early, which are the ones that went on sale today and sold out in a couple of minutes. The bulk of the tickets that are available to all One Hotspur members go on sale on Tuesday morning at 10AM, so don't panic if you missed out today!)

My season ticket is in the south stand so I thought I'd sit in the east yesterday as I'll be getting plenty of views from my normal seat for (hopefully!) many years to come. This is about 4-5 rows from the back row of the east upper:

I'm glad the side stands and two end stands have their own look and feel, rather than being identical all the way around. A Dortmund style single tier stand in the south; east and west with the typical modern four tiers with the two smaller middle corporate tiers; the north stand with three tiers where the two corporates from the east and west merge into one bigger general admission tier in the middle.

Edit:

The club have uploaded a few videos from yesterday:

I realised from watching the highlights that the cameras are on the opposite side to WHL, on the west stand instead of on the east stand. South stand on the right now instead of on the left.

Last edited by EJG1980; 25-03-2019, 15:34.

Comment

Thanks for those videos & pics - still looks amazing!

Tried to get a ticket at 10am this morning and just watched a wheel of death for 30 minutes. Predictable, really. Just hoping it’s ‘first game excitement’ and that Huddersfield or Brighton will be - slightly - less sexy for the average punter. But I’m not that hopeful really.

Comment

The inside concourse areas of the stadium are great as well, the finish of the general admission areas I went through was excellent. The only premium area I've ever been in at another stadium was Club Wembley, and the finish of our GA areas beats that.

I know a few people were worried that because of us hosting a couple of NFL matches a season, the stadium might have a very neutral look to appease the NFL (I don't know why people worried about that, but apparently they did!) but nothing could be further from the truth. It's Tottenham everywhere you look, from the plaques marking important areas from the old stadium to entire walls decorated with old Spurs match programmes, you'll have no doubt you're at the home of Tottenham Hotspur.

It's going to be really tough getting tickets, especially at first. About 7 or 8,000 tickets per match and about 175,000 members... a lot of those will be the one or two games a season types, but still, gonna be a lot of people vying for those tickets. They should be opening the ticket exchange soon for season ticket holders who can't make the match to sell their tickets, so that could be one last chance to get a ticket.

Comment

Thanks EJG - I didn’t realise that most of the members tickets actually go on sale the second day! Doh..

Comment

The ticket exchange for the Palace match is live now, so season ticket holders who can't attend can sell their tickets to members. Probably not too many who won't be going but you never know, if you get lucky and log on at the exact right moment there might be a ticket up for grabs.

There's a nice gallery and video on the Spurs web site of the first team training at the new stadium for the first time:

It's another date for the Club's history books - the players trained for the first time at our new stadium on Thursday.

Comment

Good stuff, thanks for that. ^

Why do some players, particularly Lloris always look so guilty when walking past TV cameras?

Comment

Gutted by that result. Liverpool were well on top in the opening half an hour and we were having real problems, looked like it might be a really long day, but Poch switched the formation and for the final fifteen minutes of the first half we did alright and stemmed the flow of Liverpool attacks.

Second half I thought we were clearly the better side, fully deserved the equaliser, and should have scored to go 2-1 up but... Sissoko has been brilliant this season, but, he simply cannot finish. It's a real shame he didn't quickly play in Son when he got the ball, but he allowed van Dijk to close the angle for the pass so he had to go himself. Then we had a great attack where Rose just had to float the ball to an unmarked Kane for what would have been a fantastic chance but he floated the ball over the bar. Then, finally, a couple of minutes to go and Dele floats a lovely shot agonisingly close to going in the top corner.

Of course, when you miss chances like that, you worry you're going to pay for it and we did. I don't know if I'm being too harsh but I think Lloris really should have held that Salah header; it wasn't a hugely powerful header, the replay showed he pretty much had both hands on it, but still pushed it into a crowded six yard box, straight into Toby's legs and it dribbles over the line.

Edit: having seen it again a couple of times, definitely not harsh, should be a routine catch for Hugo.

Gutting result and mishap at the end aside, overall the second half performance was very encouraging and way above what we've been doing in our recent matches. Shame it didn't yield the, at the least, point we deserved, buy hopefully the players can now put in the performances AND results for the rest of the season.
                      Last edited by EJG1980; 31-03-2019, 20:54.

Comment

On a cheerier note, the legends match yesterday at the new stadium was fantastic. The match itself was really secondary (although Keane and Berbatov both scored great goals), the main fun was from being able to cheer all those players from the past and give their songs another airing.

Paul Gascoigne got the biggest reception, it was great to see him play some part even if it wasn't for very long. Mickey Hazard injured himself and went home on crutches, but he said it was worth it to be able to play at the new stadium just once. David Howells, despite pushing 50, put loads of the younger players on both sides to shame by lasting the whole 90 minutes! It was great to see him and other players like Klinsmann and Anderton, who were in the team when I first started going. A top notch occasion.

Great view from our seats in the south stand too. Made a great noise with 41,000 in there, hopefully we'll blow the roof off the place with a full 62K for the Crystal Palace match.

Comment

Ah, isn't the new stadium lovely? I'm told - by my other half - that, for the duration of the legends game yesterday, I occasionally stopped watching the game to stare up, around...and all with a smile on my face. It's impressive it its scale, size and ability to feel enclosed at the same time. The acoustics are terrific - there were times yesterday when chants went round and really grew in the amount of noise that carried. I didn't see many games at Wembley (and, to be fair, none of the really big games, like the European nights) but I always found it a bit soulless.

There is also an element of the old WHL to it, although I'm not quite sure what it is. Maybe it's the blue seats, the signs that make it feel like home - maybe it's that easy! We're just home!

And Robbie Keane's goal...just brilliant. Was great to see Klinsmann, Van Der Vaart and Berbatov again. The reception for Paul Gasgoigne was also rather poignant - despite the brilliance, almost a sadness at what happened after that tackle in the FA Cup Final and that thought of what could have been and what has become.

Last word for Gary Mabbutt - one of my heroes in my teens - who, in his post match interview, just said 'we're home..' Big cheer for that, and he looked close to tears when he said it.

No luck with the season ticket sale for Wednesday. I keep checking, and the web site gets me excited by telling me I can search, but there's nothing there. And I'm not surprised...

Comment

Just recovered from seeing the highlights of the Liverpol match on MotD.

ARGGGGH! What a way to lose and after, by the looks of it, deserving at least a point as Spurs dominated much of the second half and had the best chances as EJG1080 described.

Now, yet again, a dog fight for 3rd and 4th spots with the other three usual suspects.

Legends match sounds as though it was a really great occasion.
                            Last edited by fallenangle; 02-04-2019, 11:39.

Comment

Gah! Every ‘on sale’ date for tickets in a frustrating experience. That’s Palace and Huddersfield that have sold out, despite sitting in a queue since 9.40 each morning.

I can see getting to a match this season to be a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyDA View Post
                                Gah! Every ‘on sale’ date for tickets in a frustrating experience. That’s Palace and Huddersfield that have sold out, despite sitting in a queue since 9.40 each morning.

I can see getting to a match this season to be a challenge.
                                You need to get quite lucky and time it just right. If you get into the queue too late you'll never get a ticket, but the site also logs you out automatically after 30 minutes so if you log on really early and get straight in it's also no good as your login will run out before the tickets go on sale!

I'd try logging on earlier at around 9:00, 9:10, if you can. If you get straight through into the site without queuing, or the queue is really quick, log out, wait a couple of minutes, then reload the site. You want to be in enough of a queue that you don't get onto the site before 9:30, but not so much of a queue that you're in it for too long and the tickets sell out.

It's a right pain in the arse and I am bloody thankful I have a season ticket! The Brighton match is probably your best chance for a ticket this season, considering the others are a CL match, a London derby, and the final match of the season.

I wish you the best of luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X