PS4 Key Features and announced games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS4 Key Features and announced games

I'm putting this here so we can go all fanboy when MS show us the next Xbox and compare features, games etc.

Hardware:
    Main unit:
    8 Core CPU
    8GB GDDR5 Ram shared between CPU and GPU
    176GB/s bandwidth
    (estimated) graphics power similar to Radeon 7850

Controllers:
    Dual Shock 4 - touch pad, light thingy, headphone socket

Misc:
    Vita remote play - goal is to make all PS4 games playable on Vita screen (think WiiU gamepad)

Software:
    Backward Compatibility:
    All PS1, PS2 and PS3 games playable using Playstation Cloud (this is a goal, not day one functionality)

New Software:
    Play demos immediately before they finish downloading
    Knack
    Killzone 4
    Drive Club
    Infamous 3
    The Witness - New Jonathan Blow game (exclusive)
    Unspecified David Cage game
    Sculpting thing from media molecule
    Deep Down - Capcom
    Final Fantasy blah blah blah
    Watch Dogs - Ubisoft
    Diablo 3
    Destiny - Bungie
    Call of Duty : Ghosts
    -------------------------------------

If I missed anything key please let me know.

Could someone do one of these for the Xbox announce please? Ta.
    Last edited by Brad; 21-05-2013, 14:24.

Beyond is a PS3 game, isn't it?

What about listing CoD, FIFA, BF4 etc?

Comment

BF4 and Fifa haven't had official announcements as far as I know. Fixed the other two though, thanks.

Comment

I've already got a PS4 anyway.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

MGS Phantom pain I heard 1st part is PS3, 2nd part Ground Zeros will be PS4.

Comment

I think that The Witness isn't an exclusive, just that the PS4 is the first console to get it?

Although not yet confirmed by Sony for the PS4 the Gaikai led video/music streaming service has already entered very early beta testing on PS3.

Originally it was estimated they were looking to buy Netflix but they have a larger back catalogue when it comes to films and there's no music on Netflix yet although rumours suggest they're moving in that direction.

It's long been rumoured that it may be run by a third part company in partnership with Sony, maybe even Netflix themselves as Netflix have been under a great deal of pressure in that space over the past couple of years from the increasing number of new entries in that space.

Comment

Think eyetoy(4?) is included, as it is a part of the controlling system

Comment

Yeah, it will be in the Box, at the very least they need to to have some kind of feature Parity with One, regardless of how well it would work in comparison.

Comment

I don't think they need to have feature parity. Neither company knew what the other was doing during development so there are bound to be differences. Sony won't have anything approaching kinect for example.

Comment

It doesn't take a genius to see that Microsoft wasn't going to let go of Kinect , there are now mobile phones and Tvs that have gesture control, Sony need to cover the possibility that they could be the one without an important consumer feature later on down the line.

Comment

I don't think that Kinect and the PlayStation Eye thing are designed to do the same things to be honest.

I do feel that for Microsoft Kinect is very much an integral the platform that, it's where other parts of what their offering comes from. I don't think with Sony that their version is as important as that, it's more like something additional to the main system.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        It doesn't take a genius to see that Microsoft wasn't going to let go of Kinect , there are now mobile phones and Tvs that have gesture control, Sony need to cover the possibility that they could be the one without an important consumer feature later on down the line.
                        But it isn't an important consumer feature. No one wants this stuff. Netflix built into their tv sure. Talking to their tv? No. Waving at their tv? Also no. Their tv watching and listening to them 24/7? No

Comment

It's important that my hardware doesn't feature such nonsense.

Comment

That's a pretty uninspiring games line up. I think FSW should do one for Xbox One if no one else is going to!

Comment

Quite surprised to read this but it looks like the Dreamfall Chapters series is on the way to PS4.
                              Originally posted by Ragnar T?rnquist (Red Thread Games)
                              From an indie developer's point of view, this reveal was a disappointment, I had hoped for more from Microsoft, an assurance that they will be more open and inviting to the rising tide of new games and studios, but there was no mention of it or sign that they are changing the way Xbox Live will work for indie developers, which makes it hard for us to get excited about the platform.

There's room for things to change or be clarified closer to launch, but for now our development focus will be on PlayStation 4. Sony has explicitly stated their support of indie development, and we are already looking at taking Dreamfall Chapters onto their platform.
                              If it is the whole series then it includes The Longest Journey, Dreamfall: The longest Journey and currently in development Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey. Blood awful names.

Sort of half related as CD Projekt are assisting them in with the latest game. CD Projekt have announced Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt as getting a PS4 release. Akthough I don't expect it to be an exclusive they've refused to comment on it reaching "other nextgen consoles" when asked after the Xbox 1 reveal.

Comment

Working...
                              X