What will the PS4 look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will the PS4 look like?

So MS have revealed their bland hifi component. Best I can say is that it will blend in on my hifi rack.

But what will the PS4 look like? So far Sony have tried various shapes and curves. What's the betting it ends up looking just like the XboxOne (due to ventilation needs etc)?

Or an 80s Bang and Olufsen inspired tube or something.

Rounded shape with silver inserts. Not as rounded/complex as the PS3 but not as squared as a PS2. I'll be amazed if they change the typeface.

Comment

My guess is that it won't be a million miles away from the XBone. I don't think it will look quite so functional. I could see more rounded corners and some fancier grilling patterns. Both the PS2 and 3 were black. Is it possible that the PS4 could be a different colour? Probably not but now that they've seen the XBone, what if the two consoles look pretty much the same? They may want stronger identity and that may need a colour change.

Comment

I will be personally annoyed if they change the typeface, after the temporary three year Spiderman font debacle.

Comment

Bright yellow and pink with fluffy dice and a photo of Kaz on it. Why not I'd buy it anyway

Comment

Wild guess: It'll be black. If it's not black, it'll be white.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              I will be personally annoyed if they change the typeface, after the temporary three year Spiderman font debacle.
              Who made the call on the Spidey font? seriously! they need kicking out the door.

Based on the vents and what not in the teaser, I reckon the design will resemble a soviet war factory.

In black of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                Wild guess: It'll be black. If it's not black, it'll be white.
                And rectangular.

Comment

I seem remember a Eurogamer interview with a chap (not David Cage) from Quantic Dream who confirmed that PS4 is pink with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    I seem remember a Eurogamer interview with a chap (not David Cage) from Quantic Dream who confirmed that PS4 is pink with wings.
                    Want

Comment

An ibm blade center with silver rims

Comment

i want a symmetrical design ( i think i have ocd as it irks me that the xbox and ps3 are not symmetrical) would like the blu ray drive in the middle

think the new xbox looks like a betamax

Comment

This is somebody's prediction based upon the snippets they've shown already

Comment

Looks like a merge of a PS2 & PS3.

It can't look any worse then the Xbox one........surely?

Comment

Whatever it looks like, it will look boring when they bring out a shiny new redesign in 2 years time.

Comment

Working...
                              X