Xbox 360 after-ONE-life: games coming in Q3/4 2013 and 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox 360 after-ONE-life: games coming in Q3/4 2013 and 2014

already heard about post-ONE support in respect to new games and online-support of old games? a list of titles coming to retail or XBLA in Q4/2013 and 2014 would be nice. i am going to start with the few retails releases i know of. please add to it.

Q3/4 2013:
    Splinter Cell Blacklist
    Assassins Creed: Black Flag
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    GTA 5
    Grid 2
    Battlefied 4
    South Park
    Lost Planet 3
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
    Watch Dogs
    Batman Arkham Origins
    Remember Me
    Killer is Dead
    Final Fantasy 13: Lightning Returns
    Forza 5 (?)

2014:
    Dark Souls 2
    Wolfenstein: New Order
    Rainbow Six Patriots (?)
    Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero (?)
    Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain (?)

XBLA Highlights (2013):
    Super TIME Force (Capybara Games)
    State of Decay (Undead Labs)
    LocoCycle (Twitsed Pixel Games)
    Max The Curse of Brotherhood (Press Play)
    Brothers A Tale of Two Sons (Starbreeze)
    Ascend: Hand of Kul (Signal Studios, Free 2 Play game)
    Cloudberry Kingdom (Pwnee Studios)
    Charlie Murder (SKA Studios)
    Thunder Wolves (bit Composer games)
    Vessel (Strange Loop Games)
    Zeno Clash 2 (ACE Team)
    Last edited by Uli; 23-05-2013, 13:57. Reason: updated list

Well XBLA will have final Summer of Arcade this year this year, maybe another promo later in year also.

Possible candidates and of course if they do not appear in Summer of Arcade, they are 2013 titles.
    Still some crackers in here, like Super TIME Force, Brothers, Charlie Murder, State of Decay and more I haven't listed just yet.

Super TIME Force (Capybara Games)

State of Decay (Undead Labs)

LocoCycle (Twitsed Pixel Games)

Max The Curse of Brotherhood (Press Play)

Brothers A Tale of Two Sons (Starbreeze)

Ascend: Hand of Kul (Signal Studios, Free 2 Play game)

Cloudberry Kingdom (Pwnee Studios)

Charlie Murder (SKA Studios)

Thunder Wolves (bit Composer games)

Vessel (Strange Loop Games)

Zeno Clash 2 (ACE Team)

Comment

nice, thanks. i've also just added Watch Dogs, Remember Me and the Batman Arkham Origins to the retail games list - all 3 are potential highlights of this soon to be last gen. seems there's still some breath left in the 360. 2014 looks shallow though.

Comment

As soon as Xmas is out the way MS will drop the 360 like a bad habit, the systems remaining line up depends on the kind of gamer with it I'd say.

If the system is your absolutely go to for multiplatform releases then there's still quite a lot left this year to more than occupy for a good while yet. If you own a PS3 and and aren't too fussed about port quality or are in it for the exclusives then the 360 died months ago. Not expecting MS to have any big guns in reserve for it at E3.

Comment

Shinji Mikami's Evil Within (I prefer the Japanese name Psycho Break) is coming out on 360 and One in 2014.

It all seems a bit unclear but one or both of MGS Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain will be on 360.

It also looks like R6 Patriots has been cancelled as Gamestop have removed it from their system which they say they only do after receiving publisher confirmation that a game has been canned.

Comment

I'm a bit unsure of MGS5.

So little has still been revealed about the game and I'm tempted to believe the theories that the vague talk of Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes is to hide they're really just acts of one game and won't actually end up being released seperately are true. Also that when the lid is truly blown open it'll turn out that there is no current gen version being released. Could be wrong but if there's no big reveal at E3 I'll highly doubt its coming this gen.

Comment

what troubles me most is what becomes of my 360 Arcade and DLC games? M$ already said that ONE wont be backward compatible with them. so what when 360 online support comes to an end?

Comment

Most of them will cease to exist other than on peoples 360 harddrives and any like Banjo that require a connection to verify purchase will revert to trial vrrsions.

It's ok though, digital download future fans assure us this is nothing to be upset about... ahem

Comment

I've already lost a bunch of 360 games because I forgot my password and MS don't have sufficient systems in place for me to retrieve it lol.

Comment

huge-xbox-360-announcement-at-e3-will-keep-console-vibrant-for-many-years/

i am curious. maybe Xbox 360 online support and market place will continue to exist? or maybe we can connect the 360 with One and make it a whole new DRM-free 361?

Comment

THey have said they plan on selling another 25 million 360 consoles, they must have a 360 Mini up their sleeves still.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        THey have said they plan on selling another 25 million 360 consoles, they must have a 360 Mini up their sleeves still.
                        Maybe they are going to send an update to shut off all internal fans, 25 million rebuys I'm kidding, MS don't hate their customers that much ...well maybe
                        Last edited by ETC; 24-05-2013, 19:39.

Comment

Why do that, break the disc drives, then everyone has to buy digital.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            Why do that, break the disc drives, then everyone has to buy digital.
                            Good plan... I mean point

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                              huge-xbox-360-announcement-at-e3-will-keep-console-vibrant-for-many-years/

i am curious. maybe Xbox 360 online support and market place will continue to exist? or maybe we can connect the 360 with One and make it a whole new DRM-free 361?
                              Of course it will continue to exist, you don't switch off THAT many people currently playing on your console and paying subscriptions also, MS did confirm you would be able to use Xbox 360 and Xbox One with your Xbox live profile.
                              MS were quick enough to do it with the Xbox ans the live service was switched of later, this is a very different scenario now though.

My guess is Xbox 360 will receive a dashboard update later in the year that will allow it to be linked up via Xbox one HDMI IN and will be used as a backward compatible system. Xbox Mini will launch with new dashboard and will be similar in design to the new Xbox One so that it matches.

Comment

Working...
                              X