"Download services" folder now merged with headlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Download services" folder now merged with headlines

With so many games now download only, I'm thinking this folder is now irrelevant.
    I'd like to merge it with headlines.
    Any objections or agreements please?

I never look in the downloads forum, I'm sure people would see things more in headlines anyway

Comment

I din't see a problem, many download titles get discussed in Headlines anyway. Probably worth stickying the PSN and XBL store threads

Comment

capital idea

Comment

Over the past few years the distinction between retail games and download games has become far less visible than it used to be. Retail games often end up as download titles and there's also increasing about of downloadable games get a compilation disc release later on.

I'd just can't imagine anyway that the boundaries won't become even more blurred moving forwards into the next-gen hardware, I could be wrong didn't Sony say that all blu-ray games will be available at launch to download also on the PS4?

Streaming and browser based games are likely to see an increase in popularity over the next few years too even though they're unlikely to become a major platform for quite some time.

If a game is popular and people want to know about it I'm personally not sure there's any benefit in having the main headline thread and this one too, I think it's just simpler to have all gaming headline threads in the same place. Although I don't visit often it's not as if new headline threads vanish to page 5 after a few seconds like it is on places like Gaf.

Comment

Working...
          X