Below (Xbox One/PC) Capybara Games/Jim Guthrie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Below (Xbox One/PC) Capybara Games/Jim Guthrie

If there was a single game that stood out for me at E3 MS conference on Xbone, it was this one.

Explore. Survive. Discover.

Just watch it in HD, yum.

Edge article about why Cappy went with MS & Xbox One.
    The latest video game news, reviews and features from the team at Edge Magazine. Subscribe here today.

If this is ready for day one, I will be all over it like I was Geometry Wars back in 2005.
    Last edited by Family Fry; 11-04-2014, 00:14.

Lovely.
    That first image makes for a good phone image.

Comment

Already has a new trailer shown at Horizon indie event, which is a bit extended and has more Guthrie.

Comment

Haven't watched the video yet, but loved S&S and am very excited by this. One of the games that I will (somewhat regretfully) be buying an XB1 for.

Comment

That looks really good, really really good.

Oh well.

Comment

Good news for people wanting this game but not wanting an Xbox 1, according to Capybara this and Super Time Force are only exclusive initially. Not so bothered about Super Time Force but I am really glad that I'll be able to play this at some point.

capybaragames

Comment

hopefully it will play better that super brothers swords and sorcery, and be style as well as substance, don't get me wrong i enjoyed exploring the game world in super brothers on my ipad it looked fantastic and the music was something else, but it had some anarchic gameplay and the bits that were not very interactive like the tennis ball boss fights, hitting a slowly speeding up ball of light backwards and forwards untill someone misses is not fun.

Comment

So how long is the exclusivity for? Ah Cappy aren't allowed to talk about that.
                So it's safe to say we may see Below and Super Time Force on PC 2014/PS4 2015?
                Maybe if people are lucky 6 months on console?
                Titanfall has a rumoured 1 year exclusivity on console and MS like to lock this stuff down.
                Braid, Limbo, Trials HD, Spelunky and more were all at least one year minimum.

Personally I ain't waiting to play Below or Super Time Force if I have the option to buy, did the same with Mercenary Kings on PC few weeks ago and will do the same with Outlast in September, ain't waiting for console versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  hopefully it will play better that super brothers swords and sorcery, and be style as well as substance, don't get me wrong i enjoyed exploring the game world in super brothers on my ipad it looked fantastic and the music was something else, but it had some anarchic gameplay and the bits that were not very interactive like the tennis ball boss fights, hitting a slowly speeding up ball of light backwards and forwards untill someone misses is not fun.
                  I quite enjoyed Super Brothers although it probably wasn't deserving of the praise got in some places.

I know that Titanfall will likely be the biggest game for Microsoft and I imagine it'll be brilliant for people who are into that sort of thing but for me this was really only game that I was worried I'd be missing out on by Microsoft not convincing me that I need and Xbox 1 for any reason.

Ideally I will be able to play it on a platform that only has touch controls although if it must be on a tablet or phone I'd still try it. Ideally PC or a console that I do/will own would be ideal though.

Comment

Come in from the storm.

Game has also now been announced as heading to Steam.
                    More details should emerge from PAX tomorrow.

Comment

This is high up my list of most anticipated titles. Shame that there's no gameplay footage yet, but that trailer does give off an excellent impression of its atmosphere.

Comment

There was a tiny bit of gameplay in the original trailer, we will see some this evening as it's being shown at PAX.
                        Be good to hear some impressions of it too.

Comment

Hopefully a PS4 version will be announced soon too.

Microsoft is no longer publishing CapyGames? intriguing roguelike Below, increasing the chances of a PlayStation 4 port in the future. The adventure was announced as an Xbox One exclusive at E3 last year, but it seems that not even Phil Spencer?s swift costume changes could hold onto the release. The title will still arrive on the Redmond-based manufacturer?s machine first, alongside Steam. However, writing on NeoGAF, co-president Nathan Vella pointed out that the studio will be revealing more about "platforms" at PAX East this week.

Whether it officially acknowledges it or not, a launch on Sony?s systems seems all but certain at this point in time. Last year, the Critter Crunch creator pointed out on its blog that the title was merely a timed exclusive, and will ?go elsewhere? eventually. ?It?s always been this way,? the Toronto-based team stressed. However, with the Xbox maker now no longer at the helm, the inevitable PlayStation conversion may not be far away at all. Are you looking forward to this intriguing escapade?

Comment

Ahhh it's now being self published via id@xbox. The game was always self funded.
                            MS would have been originally publishing because they didn't have a self publishing programme when Below started development, this is good news for all!
                            More people that get to play it the better, reckon it would make a brilliant vita game too.

Comment

Fingers crossed for a Vita version.

Comment

Working...
                              X