Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    Yep, the SFC game is a totally different game. The Java based phone version is an arranged version so that still made it on to the show.
    So why was MSDOS thunder blade, SMS line of fire and a load of others featured in their videos? they were completely different games to the originals, didn't even play the same.
    SNES cotton, was a rearranged version of the original, like the phone version. It was the MD version that was different.

Comment

Simple. Those games are called the same name. The SFC game is Cotton 100% meaning it isn't the same game at all. The Mega Drive game is also a different game with different name. A game needs to be the same name and based upon the original. Master System line of fire is called Line of Fire just like the arcade and it is based upon the arcade but presented in a different style. DOS Thunder Blade falls in to the same category. SFC cotton does not. Different game and different name.

Comment

I own the Original SFC game with the CD single so I'll dig it out to double check but I'm sure it's not based upon the arcade game.

Comment

Classic arcade dirt bike action this week with Enduro Racer

Comment

Classic arcade dirt bike action this week with Enduro Racer

Enduro Racer had a surprisingly profound ending epilogue.

Comment

Wow, who would have thought.

Comment

Wow, who would have thought.
                I know, right?

The epilogue in full (pics above miss a bit out):

Originally posted by Enduro Racer
                "Enduro” is a symbolic journey through life via the media of a race.

The results are insignificant and what really counts is competing.

Of particular importance are the lessons to be learned concerning one’s self from the various encounters you experience along the way.

There is no victor or loser in this test of endurance.

The only thing that matters is that you make a commitment to begin the long and trying trek.

This game is then dedicated to all of the “life riders” who have started out on the solitary trip to find their own individual limits.

Last, but not least, may we sincerely congratulate you on a perfect run.
                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 05-12-2015, 09:24.

Comment

I'm amazed you praised the C64 version, it's a bit of a turgid mess imo, and the magazines slated it at the time. There was another version in development (see Games That Weren't) that appears to be a lot better, but wasn't completed. As nearly always seems to be the case!
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

64 was poor easy win for the Zx spectrum in terms of a faithful port . Though I liked the Master System version the best and more than Arcade.

Comment

As I mentioned in the YouTube comments, the C64 looks like crap but plays better than the CPC version. In fact it's not that bad. The CPC version is awful to play.

Comment

A Spectrum game that isn't complete ass? MIRACLE.

Comment

It was a crime to release the Amstrad version in that state. I have a feeling that, done properly, the Amstrad could have run a reasonable version of Enduro Racer. The C64 version also should have been better, as the graphics are weak, despite being colourful. At least Spectrum owners got a version that looked ok and ran well.

Comment

SFC cotton does not. Different game and different name.
                            The plot was identical.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                              It was a crime to release the Amstrad version in that state. I have a feeling that, done properly, the Amstrad could have run a reasonable version of Enduro Racer. The C64 version also should have been better, as the graphics are weak, despite being colourful. At least Spectrum owners got a version that looked ok and ran well.
                              Here's the GTW page for the other version of Enduro Racer: http://www.gamesthatwerent.com/gtw64/enduro-racer-v2/

Maybe [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION] can play that and give his opinion compared to the other 8 bit versions, if he has time?
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
                                The plot was identical.
                                I think the plot in a the cotton games is the same. Kill the creatures to get the willo sweets.

Comment

Working...
                                X