No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work on the CPC version there. Need to pick up the Master System version sometime.

Comment

Nice work in this thread Yakumo.

When I see the Amiga conversions I think to myself ' Did I really enjoy that as much as I remember!? he he

Ahhh I miss seeing the world through the eyes of a young 'un.

Comment

Sure, they are in Fighters Mega mix on the Sega Saturn.
        Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Nice work, Yakumo. I used to like the arcade game, even though it's pretty bonkers!

Did Bin and Pin ever show anywhere else after Dynamite Dux?

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
          Nice work in this thread Yakumo.

When I see the Amiga conversions I think to myself ' Did I really enjoy that as much as I remember!? he he

Ahhh I miss seeing the world through the eyes of a young 'un.
          I know what you mean. I think I mentioned this before but my mate had an Amiga and we thought it was amazing but looking back now, so many of the arcade ports are compete turd while 8bit and 16bit console versions are still fun today.

Comment

Just a small thing, you seem to have your Amiga emulator set up to display games in widescreen. This has been the case with all of your videos so far. This is obviously a mistake, Amiga games should not be displayed in widescreen. They may be bordered and not be full screen, but they should always be displayed in 4:3 with the borders, however horrific they may be. No Amiga game was ever intended to be displayed in widescreen.

Otherwise, a really entertaining series of videos! I do enjoy sitting down and watching them with a cup of tea.

Comment

The Amiga emulator won't do 4:3 for some stupid reason even when set to that. Do you know of a good Amiga emulator that will display in 4:3?

Comment

All new Battle of the Ports !!

Comment

Nice, the megadrive version brings back memories. PC Engine is the best port.
                  Last edited by SUMIRE; 27-10-2013, 14:32.

Comment

A rock solid game, I could not get off the second stage.

I had the C64 version on Floppy Disc. In fact I sold it about 2 years ago actually in my big C64 ebay fest.
                    Last edited by 'Press Start'; 27-10-2013, 20:11.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
                      Hate the PCE port's arranged version of the soundtrack.

MD/Genesis version's music is far more faithful to the CPS-1 original, and I say that as someone who is pretty critical of the MD's sound capabilities. Guys like Tsukachan and Yuzo Koshiro worked bloody miracles to create the sounds that they did for the games they worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
                        Indeed. I'm a big Mega Drive fan, much bigger than the PC Engine but it has to be said that the PC Engine version is the best one out there. It blows away the MD version is every area. The MD stages aren't even the same as the arcades with many parts missing or cut back.

Comment

Quick suggestion for the thread - how about editing the first post with quick links to the posts of the subsequent games?

Comment

Good idea. But rather than updating it every time I add a new video I'll just link to my YouTube Channel. that way the new videos will always be listed.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              The Amiga emulator won't do 4:3 for some stupid reason even when set to that. Do you know of a good Amiga emulator that will display in 4:3?
                              I had problems with getting WinUAE to display 4:3, but messing about with the options finally gave me what I wanted. I haven't used it for a while, so I can't tell you what to do, but you should try again.

Comment

I've now sorted it out too in this latest video the Amiga stuff is no longer in 16.9 format. Saying that it doesn't look like pure 4.3 either. It's still a lot better than it was though.

Comment

Working...
                                X