• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      Awesome, and it makes me cry to think I sold my MD version for £20

Comment

This is one which keeps me busy on my Jp MD Mini. Insanely difficult, helped no end by the ridiculously slow starting speed of your ship and that bollocks firing range. Still addictive, mind, in a masochistic kind of way.

Comment

Lol, just watching your SHADOW DANCER vid, it's "BATTTLE OF THE PORTS" with three Ts! It actually looks good!!!

Also never realised that in the first level, it says "ERUTOFON AIRLINES"..."NO FUTURE AIRLINES" printed backwards, on the side of the plane.

Curiously, I've never analysed it that much in the past. It's not a game I ever played that much in the arcade, it was always 20p, wasn't as good as SHINOBI, and the MD vers was waaaaaaay better.

Do love how chunky the shurikens feel, and the hit noises sound in the arcade one. Best thing about it. Nice clouds, too. But not much else.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
            Lol, just watching your SHADOW DANCER vid, it's "BATTTLE OF THE PORTS" with three Ts! It actually looks good!!!

Also never realised that in the first level, it says "ERUTOFON AIRLINES"..."NO FUTURE AIRLINES" printed backwards, on the side of the plane.

Curiously, I've never analysed it that much in the past. It's not a game I ever played that much in the arcade, it was always 20p, wasn't as good as SHINOBI, and the MD vers was waaaaaaay better.

Do love how chunky the shurikens feel, and the hit noises sound in the arcade one. Best thing about it. Nice clouds, too. But not much else.
            What? I spelt Battle with 3 Ts? Man, what a nob I am. Never noticed that.

Comment

No mate, I think you should adopt it in all your vids, it makes you look twice!

Comment

A while back we covered Detana Twinbee but now it's time to take a look at the original game.

Comment

Yesterday was the unboxing. Today, the battle.

Comment

Sounds like the PCE CD was your favourite?

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                      Sounds like the PCE CD was your favourite?
                      It might just well be. The best would be the look of the X68000 but everything else from the PC Engine

Comment

Was looking forward to this one since the MD release so thanks for the great upload.

Ever considered doing a BotP offshoot comparing different games with the same name, for example Shadowrun on MD/SNES/Mega CD or the Jurassic Park games? I know you touched upon it in the past with stuff like Alien3 and Robocop vs Terminator.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                          Was looking forward to this one since the MD release so thanks for the great upload.

Ever considered doing a BotP offshoot comparing different games with the same name, for example Shadowrun on MD/SNES/Mega CD or the Jurassic Park games? I know you touched upon it in the past with stuff like Alien3 and Robocop vs Terminator.
                          Yep, thought about that many a time. There's also some games that are completely changed for regions. For example the Jetsons game on the SNES is actually a reskinning of a Japanese game about a girl and a vacuum cleaner! Or Pandimonium being changed to Magical Hoppers.

Comment

Game looks deece if not amazing, really like the squidgy look of the FM Towns version!!!

No chance I'm buying the MD cart of this but if they did a digi version on Xbox Store, I'd be all over it. Otherwise, it's gonna be the ROM.

Comment

One of the pioneering games of it's time is covered on this week's Battle of the Ports.

Comment

Again, bloody great stuff!!! First played this on Amiga pirate, then our kid got it for Xmas with his PAL SNES, I ended up caning it loads despite its choppiness, I still love that version with the slowdown n' all, it just felt great with the SNES pad.

Always wondered what the MD version was like, guessed it might be a slightly faster, smoother version, with less colourful graphics...and it seemed this was the case! Looks deece, tho.

Still trying to get on with the Anniversary Ed, it's the choppiness of movement combined with the sharp, detailed backdrops. Always throws me. Though I shall eventually persist.

What was the MCD sequel like, btw? Have always been curious. Seems like it's been deliberately forgotten but surely it must have some redeeming aspects???

Comment

Working...
                                X