Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    I absolutely loved this on the Amiga, but I remember struggling with it after the first few levels. I remember it coming with a little dongle you had to plug in for anti piracy that I lost for a while though!
    IIRC the later Hit Squad reissue had the dongle copy protection removed. It was also fixed to be compatible with A1200s, which the full-price release wasn’t.

Main takeaway about Robocop 3(D): It’s an example of a game design being almost half a decade ahead of the hardware needed to run it being mainstream consumer tech!

Comment

Also, I hadn’t known or realised before how much the Amiga conversion with an ST port with more colours onscreen, but also struggling with the 500/600 having a slower processor than the ST. (Then again, even big games late into the Amiga’s commercial life like Cannon Fodder were still being built around the ST.)

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        Two weeks ago we looked at the crappy Ocean developed Robocop 3
        Back when I watched the Ocean one, I got the mild impression you weren't the biggest fan of Ocean. It was very subtle, but I think I just about picked up on it. Only a tiny hint though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
          Back when I watched the Ocean one, I got the mild impression you weren't the biggest fan of Ocean. It was very subtle, but I think I just about picked up on it. Only a tiny hint though.
          I think Ocean sucked. Ocean France were really tallend though.

Comment

An early attempt at Virtual Reality?
            The Lawnmower man on this week's Battle of the Ports

Comment

You asked for it for so long. Finally it is here.

Battle of the Ports - Doom

Comment

Had no idea that the Jaguar conversion had been so influential in terms of having its maps/levels in later console versions!

To give the Jag Doom credit, it seemed really “next gen” to have what was a big-end PC game running on a console, looking and moving nearly as good as you’d be used to if you hadn’t played Doom on a decent spec 486 PC.

(Have clear memories of the GBA conversion, incidentally – the GBA SP wasn’t out yet, so my friend had to get a halogen lamp from his dad’s garage and point it directly at the GBA screen just to see what was going on in the game!)

Comment

Probably the RPG with the most controversial battle system ever.
                  Y's on this week's Battle of the Ports

Comment

Last week we took a look at Ys, this week it's Ys III: Wanderers from Ys

Comment

Probably the RPG with the most controversial battle system ever.
                      Y's on this week's Battle of the Ports

Interesting, thanks for this. Makes me want to play the Saturn version. I see it has been fan translated

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Interesting, thanks for this. Makes me want to play the Saturn version. I see it has been fan translated
                        I'm not sure if the fan translation was ever completed for the Saturn version.

Comment

Good catch, thanks - looks like it is still being worked on. Although it's playable from beginning to end according to the person who made the translation patch, it sounds like bugs could still be lurking:

Heya. Is this still being worked on ? Any plans on translating the other games and volume 2 ? Been dreaming of a complete English Falcom Classics since the 90s ^^

Comment

Going old-school with this week's battle of the ports as we take a look at 1980's Moon Cresta.
                            Thanks, enjoyed this trip down memory lane.

Remember playing this in the arcades when it came to the UK so would have been 1980/81. Also had the C64 version, I also remember the asteroids being very difficult.

Comment

Micro Machines on this week's Battle of the Ports

Comment

Love Micro Machines, especially the NES version although it does get brutally hard. 2p mode was a bit crap, I always wished it had a split screen mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X