No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember Barbarian being considered the microcomputer equivalent of a “video nasty”.

Comment

Had this on the Amiga, used to play 2 player with my brothers, always aiming to behead one another.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        I’ll always remember the image of Maria Whittaker more fondly than the game.
        The best part of the game for sure.

Comment

Used to play the BBC version of that loads; that spinning chop decapitation bastard attack was savage stuff. Up and attack, from memory, and it'd kill someone in one? Remember the sequel being this quasi-RPG thing where you'd wander about in deserts and stuff instead with pretty much the same moves. Very odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            I’ll always remember the image of Maria Whittaker more fondly than the game.
            Fun fact: She married (and is STILL married to) Congo Natty (fka Rebel MC)!
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 19-06-2023, 07:16.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Used to play the BBC version of that loads; that spinning chop decapitation bastard attack was savage stuff. Up and attack, from memory, and it'd kill someone in one? Remember the sequel being this quasi-RPG thing where you'd wander about in deserts and stuff instead with pretty much the same moves. Very odd.
              Yeah I remember Barbarian 2, wandering the forest. There was this canned bird: too-wit-too-woo. Heard here at approx 5’27”:

Last edited by egparadigm; 19-06-2023, 07:52.

Comment

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
                Yeah I remember Barbarian 2, wandering the forest. There was this canned bird: too-wit-too-woo. Heard here at approx 5’27”:

That was the sequel to Psygnosis’ Barbarian, not Palace’s Barbarian.

The sequel to Palace’s Barbarian/Death Sword was a flick-screen action adventure game:

Axe Of Rage / Barbarian II: The Dungeon Of Drax is a game released in 1989 / 1991

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
                  That was the sequel to Psygnosis’ Barbarian, not Palace’s Barbarian.

The sequel to Palace’s Barbarian/Death Sword was a flick-screen action adventure game:

https://hol.abime.net/37
                  That explains why another game came up first when searching!

Comment

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
                    That explains why another game came up first when searching!
                    That caught me out too when putting the original video together.
                    By the way, this coming Battle of the Ports will be Barbarian 2.

Comment

More page 3 action on this week's Battle of the Ports with Barbarian II

Comment

With Dial of Destiny being out pretty much all over the world, it seems only fitting to do an Indiana Jones BOTP.

Comment

I'm Batman..........

Comment

Last week we looked at Batman Forever. Now it's time for Batman Forever The Arcade Game. Is it a better game?

Comment

Crikey, I'd forgotten about that one. Those were the days when 99% of western video game development was an utter joke.

Now we're at around 96%, so we're well on our way!

Comment

With the new GEX collection being announced, it's a good time to take a look at the original release.

Comment

Working...
                                X