No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A view request this week as I bring you battle of the Ports - Money Idol Exchanger.

Comment

New Battle of the Ports today but the Atari 8bit home computer footage is missing. I'll upload that on Monday.
      By the way, did you know that Money Idol Exchanger Battle of the Ports was uploaded last week? Almost nobody watched that one. Surprised.​

Comment

The title says it all. Check out the awful Atari 8Bit home computer port footage that was missing from the main video.

Comment

Yakumo could I suggest Exile or Captain Blood for Battle, assuming that’s within your remit? Would be good with your following to draw attention to these less well known European Micro games.

Comment

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
            Yakumo could I suggest Exile or Captain Blood for Battle, assuming that’s within your remit? Would be good with your following to draw attention to these less well known European Micro games.
            Sure, I'll add them to the to do list.

Comment

Great!

Exile was retrospectively reviewed as 10 in Edge Retro. Still wish I could persevere with it, it’s really far ahead of its time. It’s kind of obtuse controls wise without a keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
                Great!

Exile was retrospectively reviewed as 10 in Edge Retro. Still wish I could persevere with it, it’s really far ahead of its time. It’s kind of obtuse controls wise without a keyboard.
                Just to be sure, is this the Exile you are referring to?
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exile_...eo_game_series)

Comment

A retro game that had an official 16bit port late last year on this week's Battle of the Ports.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post

Just to be sure, is this the Exile you are referring to?
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exile_...eo_game_series)
                    I mean this one: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exile_(1988_video_game)

Comment

This week, a game that started out life on a Taito Karaoke System.

Comment

That looks like a pretty fun game, I might give it a try on Saturn.

Comment

How is everyone? Doing well I hope!
                          This week there will be no Battle of the Ports but I have got some great news. Battle of the Ports Show 500 is coming on March 23rd. Can you believe that! Show 500!!!!
                          Also, there's a much long awaited Retro Core 5 hardware special in the works. Hopefully that will also be released by the end of March or early April.

Enjoy!​

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            A retro game that had an official 16bit port late last year on this week's Battle of the Ports.
                            I remember discovering that game via emulation, and realising that Car-Vup on the Amiga was a direct ripoff. Admittedly Car-Vup had a more cartoonish, Roger Rabbit graphical style and extra weapons for the car, but…

Comment

WOW! I can't believe we've made it to 500 episodes.
                              Thank you to all for the support!
                              Battle of the Ports - Tomb Raider (トゥームレイダース) Show 500 - 60fps​

Comment

Congratulations Yakumo! That takes a lot of commitment and hard work. I remember when you were doing Retrocore pre-YouTube.

Good choice of celebratory game. I’m gonna watch now.

Comment

Working...
                                X