User Tag List

Page 257 of 259 FirstFirst ... 157247255256257258259 LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 2588
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Nope. SOR definitely isn't more fun that Final Fight. Not by a long shot.
    I'm not talking about the Arcade version. I'm on about the SFC one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Final Fight is/was a clear quantum leap from the likes of Double Dragon and Renegade. That's revolutionary enough IMO.

The scrollers that came after were openly copying FF and not Double Dragon and/or Renegade, just like how the vast majority of one-on-one brawlers post-1991 were openly copying SFII and not Karate Champ from 1984.
    Other than much better graphics , it's hard to see what was so revolutionary IMO.
    The Arcade and Mega CD versions were class back in the day. The poor SNES port was on the other hand... Was anything but

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Other than much better graphics , it's hard to see what was so revolutionary IMO.
    The Arcade and Mega CD versions were class back in the day. The poor SNES port was on the other hand... Was anything but
    Better graphics, better sound and IMO tighter gameplay and control mechanics - again, all of which have been emulated, especially by the SOR series.

I agree with you about the SNES ports being poor though.

I loved Final Fight CD back in the day but in retrospect it wasn't actually a true 1:1 port (developed by Sega and not by Capcom) despite being the best way for many in the West to play a version of FF near enough to the coin-op.

I've never heard of that. Looks like I haven't missed much.

I love the Amstrad version, it's one of the first games I tried when I fitted the usb drive to my 6128. Really enjoyed it back in the day.

C64 version was so-so and so were the reviews heh.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    This week, a game I'm really bad at.
    One of my favourite retro gems that has never got much recognition. I spent lots of time with the really nice Amstrad version back in the day -- such a playable game.

The catchy tune that plays throughout is imbedded in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Retro View Post
    One of my favourite retro gems that has never got much recognition. I spent lots of time with the really nice Amstrad version back in the day -- such a playable game.

That tune will drive you crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Retro View Post

That tune was something special.