X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really really want an X68000..

Pretty expensive stuff though.

Comment

Always wanted an X68000 myself and the original FM Towns. Did have a Marty, but just not as cool.

Comment

Strong agree though have forgotten about these dreams now.

Comment

I was even looking into buying one that I could restore - a broken one.

I'm just not really sure what model I would need to get the most out of the available games.

Comment

I need to never buy anything retro again, you can live the dream for me and Baseley.

Comment

I'm really interested in them for tech reasons more than the games really.

In the same way that Amiga users shove stuff on compact flash cards you can do the same with the X68000.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                I hold R-Type on PCE in the highest regard. One of the more inexpensive titles on the PCE but also one of the finest.

Shame it's on two cards for the sake of doing a 1cc run attempt, but other than that it's great. Though this was fixed for the US release I suppose.

Yakumo mentions that the camera isn't fixed which was an niggle to him but I didn't notice it to be a huge issue myself.

Other than that it's basically identical, from what I've played on Final Burn Alpha.
                I spent some time with R-Type PCE over the summer a couple of years ago and basically wrecked the arcade version at Replay that October. It was certainly accurate enough to practice with before sitting down in front of the "real" thing.

Comment

I owned a X68000 at one point. They are fantastic systems but keep in mind that software is also expensive and that there are different versions of the X68000.

A new Battle of the Ports is almost complete and will be uploaded within a week if all goes to plan.

Comment

Battle of the Ports Ghouls'n Ghosts is now on YouTube. The offocial site version will be coming in a few days.

Comment

Cracking watch that yakumo. Though you have made me want a Supergrafx now!

Comment

These vids really show how much better the Japanese consoles were than their UK home computer counterparts. Just amazes me that more people didn't import back in the 16-Bit heyday but were happy to put up with ****ty versions, I got sick of trying to convince people they should buy MD's, SFC's and PCE's back then.
                        Last edited by Colin; 15-08-2013, 10:27. Reason: Fixing typo

Comment

On a personal note I didn't like the era of conversions that was around during the later years of the speccy. The golden age of quality home made original games had been replaced by the likes of Ocean churning out loads of arcade conversions which didn't do the games or their target platforms any justice at all. It was lazy all round.

Comment

no Snes/Sfc?

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                              no Snes/Sfc?
                              SNES / SFC is actually the 3rd game in the series, Cho Daimakaimura. The Original names are
                              Makaimura (Ghosts'n Goblins)
                              Dai makaimura (Ghouls'n Ghosts)
                              Cho Dai Makaimura (Super Ghouls'n Ghosts)

Cho does basically mean "super" or "great" anyway so the Japanese title is quite like the English title.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                                On a personal note I didn't like the era of conversions that was around during the later years of the speccy. The golden age of quality home made original games had been replaced by the likes of Ocean churning out loads of arcade conversions which didn't do the games or their target platforms any justice at all. It was lazy all round.
                                Japanese developers should take at least a portion of the blame for that - they refused to provide western porting teams with the source code right up until the mid 90s, so teams often had to port games by eye.

Comment

Working...
                                X